Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NuclearPotato

Bizarre Sector Error [DB2]

So I'm attempting to create a a room with gradually lowered floors, with the lowest floor being the exit. Because the room is octagonal, I used edit selection to make quick copies of the sector, and pasted and adjusted the sectors on top of the original.

...And long story short, this is what I get:

For whatever reason, the room is treating the sectors weirdly, with the wall linedefs of each individual sector active, but with the outermost sector's floor height(the actual floor for the sector appears to be underneath the outer sector's floor). So, what's going on here, and how can I fix it?

The line you have highlighted seems to be only having the backside. You could try Make Sectors Mode and click on the sectors.

NuclearPotato said:

I used edit selection to make quick copies of the sector, and pasted and adjusted the sectors on top of the original.

Doom Builder's capabilities to smartly automatically split/merge sectors (depending on context) are limited. Apparently, if you paste 1-sided linedefs inside an area of an existing sector, they'll stay 1-sided. You can try to fix it by redrawing each of the sectors over the existing geometry, either by hand, or as Jimi said. Next time when pasting sectors into other sectors, better only paste such sectors that don't have 1-sided lines. For example, draw the first inner sector of 2-sided lines by hand, and then copy that one.