Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bradharding

DOOM RETRO v1.6.5

A new version of DOOM RETRO has been released. v1.6.5 is a small point release that contains the usual obligatory bugfixes and performance optimizations, as well as a new (and perhaps unique?) effect to liquid sectors. Visit the DOOM RETRO homepage to download for Windows, and view the extensive release notes.

Loaded it up quickly, just to check out the new water effect (which looks great and subtle, btw), and was really impressed with all the little updates.

Game still runs a bit choppily for me, but it look GREAT just out of the box like this. :)

schwerpunk said:

Loaded it up quickly, just to check out the new water effect (which looks great and subtle, btw), and was really impressed with all the little updates.

Game still runs a bit choppily for me, but it look GREAT just out of the box like this. :)

Glad you like it! I'm concerned it runs "a bit choppily" for you, though. Could you please elaborate? Is it the mouse movement? Does the game freeze intermittently? Is it the sound? Or is it just because there's no uncapped framerate?

DR uses your desktop resolution by default. Try changing screenwidth and screenheight in doomretro.cfg to something lower (1280 and 800 for example) to see if that helps. You can also use -DEVPARM on the command-line to get your FPS in-game.

This is really cool, especially the item movement in relation to the water, and how the enemies appear to be ankle deep in it too!