Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scifista42

Doomworld Mega Project 2015 - Now on /idgames

The midi for Boom's MAP05 is called "Country Flute #1" and comes from mightymidi.com - all the music there is created by the same person apparently known just as Bob.

Okay, you may hate me for this, but I have absolutely no idea about the texture and sky sources. I got the sky from a random unknown release on DW, while the textures...the flower floor is maybe from Phocas Island 2, but I'm not sure. Also, the secret pictures are from One Piece.

The following boomisms/weirdness can be found in dmp15a_beta.wad:

Spoiler

---MAP06
sector type 81
sector type 81
sector type 81
sector type 115
sector type 115
sector type 115
sector type 115
sector type 115
sector type 115
linedef special 210
linedef special 210
linedef special 210
linedef special 210

---MAP07
linedef special 337
linedef special 337
linedef special 337
linedef special 337
linedef special 337
linedef special 337
linedef special 337

If you want to re-check for boomism yourself in the future, you can download tnswutil and run
tnswutil -c detectboom -w <path_to_wad>

Also, is the P1 voodoo doll at MAP05 start of dmp15b_beta.wad intentional? (This may have been asked before).

rhinoduck said:

The following boomisms/weirdness can be found in dmp15a_beta.wad:

The sectors with effect 115 and the linedefs with special 210 are inaccessible and useless, but I'll remove them anyway. The sectors with effect 81 cause a crash when you step into them in vanilla, so I'll replace them with a vanilla compatible light flicker effect. I can't find any linedefs with action 337 in MAP07 and I can't even figure out what action 337 is supposed to be - could the tnswutil program be malfunctioning? EDIT: They're in MAP10, not in MAP07, they're line horizons, and Doomkid said that they're intentional to make the sea look better in ports that support this feature.

rhinoduck said:

Also, is the P1 voodoo doll at MAP05 start of dmp15b_beta.wad intentional? (This may have been asked before).

I vaguely remember Scypek2 saying that both the HOM and the voodoo doll at the start of that map were intended and should be left in, but that post is not to be found in this thread and maybe I just strangely made it up (possibly confused it with schwerpunk's map), so it would be good if Scypek2 could confirm it.

scifista42 said:

I can't find any linedefs with action 337 in MAP07 and I can't even figure out what action 337 is supposed to be - could the tnswutil program be malfunctioning?

It's MAP10, sorry about the misinformation. From what I've seen, those lines are not accessible either; I was wondering what the purpose was though, and was posting all finds for completeness.

scifista42 said:

I vaguely remember Scypek2 saying that both the HOM and the voodoo doll at the start of that map were intended and should be left in, but that post is not to be found in this thread and maybe I just strangely made it up (possibly confused it with schwerpunk's map), so it would be good if Scypek2 could confirm it.

I figured the HOM was a portal, but I did not understand what a voodoo doll running into a wall was supposed to signify. It's presence in that room does not bother me from a gameplay point of view though because it can't get hit by a monster projectile potentially causing a massacre in online coop as long as it remains there.

EDIT: Only now I noticed your edit :) Thanks for the explanation. And tnswutil works, it was me malfunctioning when copy-pasting the data and amending the second map name manually.

rhinoduck said:

I was wondering what the purpose was though, and was posting all finds for completeness.

I've already figured it out, see the EDIT in my previous post. Anyway, thank you for all of the problem finding you've done for this project!

scifista42 said:

I've already figured it out, see the EDIT in my previous post. Anyway, thank you for all of the problem finding you've done for this project!

I've already figured out you figured it out, see the EDIT in MY previous post xD Maybe we should just prefer two posts in a row to an edit, lol.

Anyway, np, glad to be of help. Also, not sure if anyone mentioned this, but it seems that we will be playing the Vanilla/LR maps in TNS this week. So I'd like to take this opportunity to invite you all for some fun and possibly bug hunting, or to let you scream "no, wait, let's leave it for some other time".

Here is DMP15A with fixes to MAP06: Changed sector types 115 to 0, and changed sector types 81 to 17 as well as increasing their sector brightnesses for the effect to work (they're also no longer damaging, because the lighting effect couldn't be maintained otherwise, but it doesn't really affect playability, as the sectors are just small decorative blood pools in the corners of a room, and the player would normally never enter the sectors / never gain any benefit from doing so). I've left the linedef types 210 in, because apparently they affect the appearance of the automap, although only in advanced ports and with IDDT cheat on, but they shouldn't cause any problems. No other changes were made to the wad, even nodes for the edited map were NOT rebuilt. It shouldn't matter if this or the older version of DMP15A will be used in the TNS today. I primarily made and shared this wad to not forget about doing those changes before uploading to /idgames.

http://www.filedropper.com/dmp15abeta2

@joe-ilya: I've said this several times before: Both is eventually going to happen, but not sooner than this project will be finished and on /idgames.

Hey scifista, I've updated my map with a much cleaner wad entry, a bunch of removed resources, and a fixed sky transfer (now that I know how to do them myself easily). Hopefully this should slot right into the compilation without any hassle. The only textures that should be in there are those from the Doom Alpha, Plutonia, CC4 and Suspended in Dusk. I've also finally deleted that one Arch-vile who wasn't able to teleport into the map and prevented max runs.

I thought I've already fixed everything in your map that was reportedly causing problems a long time ago, including: Adding sky transfers, removing unused resources, and fixing the Archvile. See it yourself in the compilation wad, and possibly tell me if there's something I've missed, so that it could be fixed in the map that's already in the compilation. But I won't just accept a newly updated version now.

The sky transfer in the beta still had two moons, neither of which were in the correct place to go with the map's shadowcasting. Everything else is fine, though - for some reason I thought the resources of my entry still needed fixing.

Anyway yeah, it's just the sky.

OK, I'll fix TEXTURE1 to make the texture appear as you wish, no changes to your map itself will be needed.

Hey sci, here's some missing info from me:

MAP24 - Butcher's Kiln
Author: dobu gabu maru
Music: "Angelic Animals Part I" by KevinHEZ
Textures: cc4-tex, SF2011-tex

Beta 2 released

-Fixed boomisms in GregLafitte's map.
-Fixed voodoo doll in Scypek2's map.
-Fixed sky texture in an_mutt's map.
-Updated the textfile with identified resources. Still needs identifying the others!

> > > Download DMP2015 Beta 2 < < <

Here is the list of resources that still need to be identified:

+--------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------+
|  Wad   |   Map   |  Resource  |  Name + (Author or Source)                      |
+--------+---------+------------+-------------------------------------------------+
|        |         |            |                                                 |
| DMP15A |  MAP01  |  music     |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |            |                                                 |
|        |  MAP10  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP14  |  textures  |  Memento Mori, Plutonia, Armadosia, cc4-tex ... |
|        |  MAP17  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP20  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
| DMP15B |  MAP01  |  sky       |  from Doom Rat                                  |
|        |  MAP03  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  sky       |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP04  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  sky       |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP11  |  textures  |  cc4-tex, edits of cc4 textures by Du Mhan Yhu  |
|        |         |  sky       |  edit of a stock sky by Du Mhan Yhu             |
|        |  MAP13  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP14  |  sky       |  ?                                              |
| DMP15C |  MAP11  |  music     |  ?                                              |
|        |         |  textures  |  ?                                              |

DMP15A
map 01 textures from SILVER TEXTURE PACK, USEFUL FLATS TEXTURE PACK by Nick Baker and blue floors from Memento Mori 2.

Map01 music - Legend of Kyrandia 2: The Hand of Fate OST - Darkmoor Swamp

scifista42 said:

That's right. Though I feel that the remaining resources might not be identified ever at all. Anyone agrees to upload DMP2015 as is to /idgames, leaving the "???" marks at unidentified resources in the textfile, and possibly update the textfile on /idgames if any of the resources will be identified in the future?

Post took from the Mega Project 2016 thread. I think there's no big deal to upload the wad with few unidentified resources. And it's passed almost a month since you asked for the last missing stuff.

The wad is complete, all that's left is having all the textures and music indentified, so feel free to stream a playthrough if that's what you're after.

joe-ilya said:

The wad is complete, all that's left is having all the textures and music indentified, so feel free to stream a playthrough if that's what you're after.

Excellent. I look forward to playing this in the near future then! (possibly sometime around November)

I've just tried to download DMP2015 beta2 now, but the link (both of them) only takes me to filedropper.com, and not to an actual download of the wad.

Also bump because this REALLY should be up on /idgames already, to be honest.

Agreed. So, in compliance with the idea mentioned a couple posts above, I've uploaded the project to idgames. The wads are the same as they were since July/August, textfile has been updated with latest info about resources. Some resources remained unidentified. If somebody identifies them in the future and lets me know, I may update the textfile and reupload it to /idgames.

> > > Idgames download < < <

Still unidentified resources:

Spoiler

|  Wad   |   Map   |  Resource  |  Name + (Author or Source)                      |
| DMP15A |  MAP10  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP17  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP20  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
| DMP15B |  MAP03  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP04  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP13  |  textures  |  ?                                              |
|        |  MAP14  |  sky       |  ?                                              |
| DMP15C |  MAP11  |  music     |  ?                                              |

Which textures in my map (dmp15a map10) are unidentified? I know where everything in that map comes from and would be happy to clarify