Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sincity2100

Good Morning Phobos Final Version on Idgames "Link Update"

Some -cl 9 FDAs. http://www.mediafire.com/download/4qq1vk8y3bq80tl/gmpalpha_01-04_rdwpa_fda.rar

I didn't realize Map 03 wasn't Boom-compatible yet; shame, it was shaping out to be fun.

Map 01: Fun opener, berserk pack availability is what drives it, otherwise it'd be a fairly ho-hum pistol-and-shotgun affair. I like punching things. :D

Map 02: Messed up the command line to the FDA. This was a fun map but I don't really like the pacing of the entry to the area with all the hitscanners and that revevant. Up until then, and afterwards, you can play the map very aggressively -- but the action slows down to a crawl there because you have to plink at some hitscanners.

Map 03: Nice tight-scaled map. I particularly liked the key trap, with all of those chaingunners. Minus 100 points for not caring enough about compatibility to test it in prBoom+. :p

Map 04: I've been trying my hand at recording FDAs more aggressively, and this map was quite good for that. Enjoyed it a lot. Don't have any complaints.

I'll post this one separately so I remember everything I want to say about it.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2crhppwlksmtggk/gmpalpha06_rdwpa_fda.lmp

Map 06: I don't approve of the hitscanner usage at all, specifically in the first outdoor area post-YK. The rest of the map was okay, but there are a lot of random snipers you can't see and that you have to tediously clean out and there's no armor (non-secret, at least). I was lucky to find that random pile of health. The secrets I found do seem quite overpowered, 200%+ no-strings-attached health and 300+ cells with the PR. Also, monster corpses around the red key made it hard to spot. There should be monster blocking lines around the pallet containing the berserk, key, and chainsaw.

sincity2100 said:

Good Morning Phobos

This is the Alpha Release of my Megawad Good Morning Phobos,note that this is not the final version,so I may replace maps with others.

this is for you people to Try my Megawad,what is the good things about my maps, and what's bad and if there's anything you want to add to my game to make it better and so on.

here's the link of the Megawad http://www.mediafire.com/download/lt93bnjiakcxqct/GMP+Alpha.wad

there are still Empty slots in the Megawad and it's still under developement

Maps:
Map01 Unresolved Business
Map02 Labs
Map03 Waterworks (3/4 by Hoodie , 1/4 by Me)
Map04 Power Center
Map05 Poison Island
Map06 Polluted Playground
Map07 Relentless Assault
Map08 Cooldown
Map09 Ancient Evil
Map10 Beautiful Curse Temple
Map11 Spider Factory (NEW)

Map12 Thieves in the Night
Map13 Rusty Security
Map14 Base XUZ
Map15 Dead Zone II
Map16 Hunter's Moon
Map17 Paradox Station
Map18 Dark Mill (NEW)
Map19 (EMPTY)
Map20 Three Ways to Hell

Map21 Homewelcoming
Map22 Blackout
Map23 The Assylum
Map24 Skyfall
Map25 Brimstone Warehouse (by Impboy4)
Map26 Knee Deap to Hell
Map27 Molten Jenecide
Map28 (EMPTY)
Map29 Hybrid Excalibur
Map30 (EMPTY)

Secret Maps:

Map31 Paradise
Map32 Divided Turmoil

Maps that I may include in the megawad
Dark Underground https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FIIIc0zAO_SmV0UjBnc3lkM0U/view (paymentplan) (Unfinished)
Skulls Base http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xctdidpo2941t4/Skulls+Base.wad

If you wanna Help and create a map for my project which is still open,I'll Gladly accept it

Rules:

1-This one is a boom Compatible so you can do whatever you like,no ZDoom stuff please

2-This gonna be a classic doomwad with good difficulty

3-Slaughter maps are allowed,but don't throw me a Hell Revealed difficulty,it will be rejected.

4-You can upload maps from somall to Normal to Large Maps,don't make some type of a "City of the Unavanged" map where you make a city map and make it a maze.

5-Don't pour a lot of Huge maps that makes me go to the other side of the world where I can get lost please,just upload a variations of mapset with different sizes please

6-the CC4 texture pack will be allowed in this one,and here's the download link grandvoid.sickedwick.net/wads/cc4-tex.zip

sincity2100 said:

Good Morning Phobos

This is the Alpha Release of my Megawad Good Morning Phobos,note that this is not the final version,so I may replace maps with others.

this is for you people to Try my Megawad,what is the good things about my maps, and what's bad and if there's anything you want to add to my game to make it better and so on.

here's the link of the Megawad http://www.mediafire.com/download/lt93bnjiakcxqct/GMP+Alpha.wad

Maps:
Map02 Labs
Map04 Power Center
Map05 Poison Island
Map07 Relentless Assault
Map08 Cooldown
Map09 Ancient Evil
Map11 Spider Factory

Map13 Rusty Security
Map14 Base XUZ
Map15 Dead Zone II
Map16 Hunter's Moon
Map17 Paradox Station
Map18 Dark Mill
Map19 Unknown
Map20 Three Ways to Hell

Map21 Homewelcoming
Map22 Blackout
Map23 The Assylum
Map24 Skyfall
Map26 Knee Deap to Hell
Map27 Molten Jenecide
Map28 (EMPTY)
Map29 Hybrid Excalibur
Map30 (EMPTY)

Secret Maps:

Map31 Paradise
Map32 Divided Turmoil

Maps that I may include in the megawad
Dark Underground https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1FIIIc0zAO_SmV0UjBnc3lkM0U/view (paymentplan) (Unfinished)
Skulls Base http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xctdidpo2941t4/Skulls+Base.wad

If you wanna Help and create a map for my project which is still open,I'll Gladly accept it

Rules:

1-This one is a boom Compatible so you can do whatever you like,no ZDoom stuff please

2-This gonna be a classic doomwad with good difficulty

3-Slaughter maps are allowed,but don't throw me a Hell Revealed difficulty,it will be rejected.

4-You can upload maps from somall to Normal to Large Maps,don't make some type of a "City of the Unavanged" map where you make a city map and make it a maze.

5-Don't pour a lot of Huge maps that makes me go to the other side of the world where I can get lost please,just upload a variations of mapset with different sizes please

6-the CC4 texture pack will be allowed in this one,and here's the download link grandvoid.sickedwick.net/wads/cc4-tex.zip

nxGangrel said:

Yay! I'm glad the project is almost done. Can't wait to play!

Yeah,I'll be almost done with the mapping, all what remains are bugfixes and the format.

Quick minor nitpicks about a few of the mapnames:

"Beautiful Curse Temple" sounds kind of awkward. One of the words should be dropped, I think. Suggestions:

-Cursed Temple
-A Beautiful Curse

"Homewelcoming" should probably be changed or at least modified.

"The Assylum" has an extra 's' which you probably don't want there :x

"Knee Deap to Hell" would be more correct if it were changed to "Knee Deep in Hell".

"Molten Jenecide": Did you mean "Genocide"?

AD_79 said:

Quick minor nitpicks about a few of the mapnames:

"Beautiful Curse Temple" sounds kind of awkward. One of the words should be dropped, I think. Suggestions:

-Cursed Temple
-A Beautiful Curse

"Homewelcoming" should probably be changed or at least modified.

"The Assylum" has an extra 's' which you probably don't want there :x

"Knee Deap to Hell" would be more correct if it were changed to "Knee Deep in Hell".

"Molten Jenecide": Did you mean "Genocide"?

I'll change those names when I'm done with the map

sincity2100 said:

Good Morning Phobos

Maps:
Map02 Labs
Map04 Power Center
Map05 Poison Island
Map07 Relentless Assault
Map08 Cooldown
Map09 Ancient Evil
Map11 Spider Factory

Map13 Rusty Security
Map14 Base XUZ
Map15 Dead Zone II
Map16 Hunter's Moon
Map17 Paradox Station
Map18 Dark Mill
Map19 Unknown
Map20 Three Ways to Hell

Map21 Homewelcoming
Map22 Blackout
Map23 The Assylum
Map24 Skyfall
Map26 Knee Deap to Hell
Map27 Molten Jenecide
Map28 Purgatory Fortress
Map29 Hybrid Excalibur
Map30 (EMPTY)

Secret Maps:

Map31 Paradise
Map32 Divided Turmoil

sincity2100 said:

I'll change those names when I'm done with the map

You should change the names now, before you forget about them.

Played through the first 3 levels and really enjoying it so far, really nice detailing going on!

Map03 after the red door, that small door seems to be broken, looked in slade and it seems to be a sr door fast without a tag. Perhaps I missed something...

Anyway great job so far, looking forward to playing more.

sincity2100 said:

Good Morning Phobos

All the map slots are done thankfully, so I need playtesters to test the Megawad for bugs, I don't have a PRBoom Engine so kindly try testing the game for bugs and problems with the maps and how to fix it, I'll soon upload an update on the megawad and the title screen will be done by me.

Maps:
Map02 Silver Labs
Map04 Power Control 2105
Map05 Poison Island
Map07 Water Canal
Map08 Cooldown
Map09 Ancient Evil
Map10 Beautiful Disaster
Map11 Spider Factory

Map12 Night Thieves
Map13 Rusty Station
Map14 Base XUZ
Map15 Dead Zone II
Map16 Hunter's Moon
Map17 Paradox Base
Map18 Deletion
Map19 Midnight Express
Map20 Three Ways to Hell

Map21 Brave New NME
Map22 Blackout
Map23 The Cursed Assylum
Map24 Skyfall
Map26 Knee Deap in Red
Map27 Molten Genocide
Map28 Purgatory Fortress
Map29 Hybrid Excalibur
Map30 Destroyer

Secret Maps:

Map31 Paradise
Map32 Divided Turmoil

Two more people liked my map at youtube, one of them even asked for a download in the comments section because of how awesome it looks.

Maybe that'll encourage you to put this in your wad.

Impboy4 said:

The mapping is done. Stop begging to put your map in.

It wasn't rejected, sincity just said to make it better, but I don't know what's wrong. So I'm pretty much stuck.
If he would say that it's rejected and he never wants me to urge him to put it in his megawad of pure perfection... then he would say so, but he never did. And I would've stopped by then.

joe-ilya said:

It wasn't rejected, sincity just said to make it better, but I don't know what's wrong. So I'm pretty much stuck.
If he would say that it's rejected and he never wants me to urge him to put it in his megawad of pure perfection... then he would say so, but he never did. And I would've stopped by then.

Just deal with it and move on. There's no use crying over spilled milk. Besides, your map would stick out like a thorn anyway amidst the rest that are visual quality.

It's quite hilarious how you are stirring up stuff that happened 9 months ago just for one map.

Maybe if the map was completely redone to be in line with the standard set by the rest of the wad, then I could possibly see it working. But as is, there's no way it would fit in. Besides, there are no more slots free. sincity has all the maps done (aside from some testing and whatnot), and it seems like he's happy with the maplist as it stands. Looks like you need to actually step up your game for future things, Joe!

BTW, sincity, you're still spelling "Asylum" incorrectly :P

More people should play this. I am definitely having a blast. Great visuals and cool gameplay. Thanks, sincity!

Also taken from the wad:

Spoiler

There's some legitimately cool-looking stuff in here.

Also taken from the wad:

Spoiler

There's also dull-looking stuff here, I'm not here to be a pessimist or bash this wad (which is pretty good actually), I'm just saying that every map has it's own problems, and if my map wasn't amazing in it's visual department doesn't mean it should be disqualified. But now that I see that it's already a full megawad, I'm not gonna bother anymore.

Chill Joe, not every part of the map needs to be super ├╝ber mega detailed. The examples you picked are only minor parts of some maps, most players won't even notice the lack of detail in those places.

I have something to say to Mr. Joe-ilya

As far as me not putting your map to my project,don't feel sad, everyone gets their maps rejected from various project because either their maps are not the same quailty as what the project needs or their map doesn't have the wanted theme, so it's not the end of the world if your map wasn't included, besides, some of your maps were accepted anyway so you may put this map into another project and off course,Improve the quality of your map design, also change that music, it's really annoying when you hear it while you play.

I hope you understand that I'm doing this for the best interest of my project and the best interest of the guys who want to play it.

Note: it's pretty funny when you post pics of minor details of my maps,noticing that these parts are not that important actually.