Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dima

DOOM III Powered By ATI NEXT GENERATION HARDWARE!

The Press Release can be read here:

http://www.ati.com/companyinfo/press/2002/4495.html

Here is a bit:

Id Software has chosen ATI's next generation graphics architecture as the platform for previewing their unbelievably realistic and much anticipated DOOM III at this year's E3 Expo.

ATI's chip was chosen because it offers the most advanced, high-performance graphics architecture to power the demonstration at E3 2002. DOOM III, scheduled for release in 2003, has been highly anticipated both as an unbelievable game and as a true measure of today - and tomorrow's - graphics architectures. Also highly anticipated, ATI's next generation product, scheduled for release this fall, will cement ATI firmly as a leader in the ultra-high-end 3D and gaming graphics market.

"ATI's next generation hardware has an ideal feature set for the DOOM III engine, and at the moment is the fastest platform to run the game on," said John Carmack, Chief Technical Officer & co-founder of Id Software, Inc.

Zaldron said:

Yeah, I don't see a goddamn reason to get excited over this.

Me 2 m8, but I'm not excited over this!

ATI...i would never buy one of this cards because the driver SUCKS hell. I want a stable system !
Im working with this 3d stuff more than im playing and thats why i prefer a STABLE system instead of a system wich is maybe 5fps faster but runs like a bitch.

Why buy a Geforce4 card or ATI Radeon ( next generation of Radeon Cards ) when you can buy the most powerful card ( that will soon be released ) Matrox G1000 or The Parhelia-512 to get high frames per second?

Why not wait until Doom 3 is actually close to coming out and then buying a card that's even better for even less money.

Linguica said:

Why not wait until Doom 3 is actually close to coming out and then buying a card that's even better for even less money.

I definitely agree.

If anything, this should discredit John Carmack's 1337 coding skills.

When you think about it, all this fancy lighting is just calling API functions. He's making 4 texture passes for his lighting effects, and the cards can support(I believe) about 7 without sacrificing too much FPS.

The truth is out: his programming revolution consists of a manual and a drop-down menu.

So I guess the real draw of this game will be in the artists' and modelers' hands.

Manik999 said:

If anything, this should discredit John Carmack's 1337 coding skills.

When you think about it, all this fancy lighting is just calling API functions. He's making 4 texture passes for his lighting effects, and the cards can support(I believe) about 7 without sacrificing too much FPS.

The truth is out: his programming revolution consists of a manual and a drop-down menu.

So I guess the real draw of this game will be in the artists' and modelers' hands.

Yeah right.

The whole DOOM 3 rendering code looks like this:

void RenderMain()
{
GL_API_Render();
}