Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemini09

I want to recolor this sprite

I want to individually recolor the arms, blood, helmet, and uniform.

Does anyone have some Adobe Photoshop files with separate layers, because you may have worked on some similar task as me before, per chance?

I'm currently checking out Manga Studio 5, in the hopes of it having better "coloring" features than Adobe Photoshop CS5.

I take it something like Colour Remap in SLADE wouldn't work for you? It's not overly flash but it gets the job done.

I haven't used that feature before, and I'm not sure sure of how it even works.

Is it something you are proficient with? Would you mind guiding me a little bit with this image, so I can learn?

Select the sprite in SLADE3. If you don't want to lose the original sprite, duplicate it before recoloring. Now click "Graphic -> Colour Remap". Select a range of colours in the upper palette (colours to be remapped) and the lower palette (colours that will be applied over them). You can see a preview of the sprite in a window on the right. Click "+" to add multiple range translations like that. When you're done, click OK and the sprite will become recolored. Save changes.

Okay, I think the thing I didn't get initially was the part about adding new entries/ colors, thus making up an actual range of colors.

I'm afraid I'll have to go ahead and "lasso" the 70 frames, in order to get it exactly how I want. But damn, I really hope that artificial intelligence comes knockin' soon...