Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

Murderbox - less armor, more switches!

Hey all! While watching Suitepee's Requiem stream today, he was lamenting the fact that many of the maps don't have enough armor and contain too many switches. So I thought, "Why not make an overly difficult, Boom compatible map that has no armor and is all switches?" And voila!

Download Murderbox. Midi is by Lippith and the sky is taken from Realm of Chaos.

IMPORTANT NOTE: HMP is the exact same as UV, except that on UV I flood the map with revs in 4.5 minutes. HMP is the ideal way to play the map--I mainly threw revs in on UV just to punish Suitepee if he has the gall to pick that difficulty.

hhehehe this kinda make me want to make a map like this full of swichtes since thats my bad habit to do my maps with so many swichtes and all

A single community project to get the nerves of a single member or various members? count me in.

Marcaek said:

new community project guys

suitepees_journey_into_ptsd.wad

If this keeps up, that'll be the name of dobu's future megawad. This is the second time now he's made a map based off something I've said on a stream.

Perhaps I should start talking about things I like, to perhaps reverse psychology any future dobu maps. Ah yes Cacodemons, I hate those....

FDA on HMP difficulty. It was suprisingly more fun experience than I've expected from a map intentionally based on annoying design choices. I didn't beat it, but felt like I would if I was good enough to keep making more mistakes (=too hard for me), so I've eventually liked the map.

Suitepee did indeed have the gall to play this on Ultra-Violence, and I managed to find a way to break out of the box early! I eventually beat the map some deaths later.

I like this map for its creativity, and considering it took only 4 hours for Dobu to put this together is pretty well made!