Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breeder

Porting Chocolate DOOM & Retro DOOM. (AROS, MorphOS, Haiku)

Hello, I am interested in seeing if I can get either of these source ports (or both preferably) to run under AROS, MorphOS, and eventually Haiku once it reaches version 1.0.

To let you know, I am not a coder, and just know enough to compile code when it does not need any modifications to make it work.

I understand that sometimes those who have ported code are kind enough to create what I think are called "diff" files, that you can somehow use to update recent code releases so that they will work on the target OS, but I don't quite understand how to use them when it is an option either.

Chocolate DOOM has been ported to AROS and MorphOS in the past, but I can't seem to be able to reach the author so I can understand what he did to work around the lsdl audio mixer errors I am getting.

As for RetroDOOM, I've no idea where to even start... Configure and Make do not do the trick and I don't know how to figure out what I need to do.

If anyone is intersted in walking me by the hand through all this I'd be very grateful. Also I'd love to know how to unlock Strife support with Chocolate DOOM's source.

Thanks in advance!

It probably isn't that hard, but if you don't know C then it's pretty much impossible. I don't know how much interest there is in the BeOS family of systems here. There's a screenshot of Chocolate Doom on its website which might indicate that Fraggle is interested in fixing bugs; you can go to its issues page and report the problems you encountered there.

Good luck!