Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

Wow, I should probably buy Score again after ten years or so.
I still have somewhere their DooM2 review wich was straight up poetic.

Edit:
https://www.oldgames.sk/mag/score-11/page/20/
A bit of a translation:
A day has come when there is too much sin. Hell is bursting in seams. Tormented souls struggle in the sludge of pain and scream for more space. Demons and their servants tear the borders of our world. Borders thin as virgin's honor and when they burst there will be Hell on Earth.

Edited by NeoWorm

I am sending my gameplay of the first mission with Polish commentary. I would like to add that I have started cooperation in translating the mod into Polish.

Thank you, this is cool :)

...this is the old version of BoA though, from 2017 release.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:41 AM, Tormentor667 said:

Judging by everything I've seen of BoA so far, it's going to be one for the ages.

This is what we‘ve currently have:

Russian (100% finished)

Spanish (87% finished)

German (100% finished)

French (100% finished)

Portuguese (43% finished)

Turkish (86% finished)

Italian (100% finished)

Czech (100% finished)

Polish (65% finished)

11 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

Are you ready to get psyched?

Definitely.  On a side note, interesting how there aren't any East Asian language translations (Japanese, Korean, Traditional / Simplifed Chinese) for BoA. I suppose those countries aren't really into FPS-es to begin with, though...

Just came onto this thread to mention that this has gotten a lot of attention recently on the Wolfenstein Subreddit. 

that first one I posted was one of the most liked posts in the past 2 weeks.

Fantastic! Congratulations on the release! I played a beta version a few months ago and it was marvelous. Now I'll play it again because I could not find all the secrets on the first play through and I want to see if there's something new!

Seeing several Doom mods get their own steam page it would be neat to also see Blade of Agony get one.

Huge congratulations on getting this massive project finished! I'm proud to have had the chance to contribute a bit of spackle to the early maps, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what you and the team have done with the third chapter. Amazing work :)

Congrats on the release! It's always amazing when a big project that's been years in the making finally comes to light.

I hope to find time to play this soon!

Thanks kindly for your feedback guys, we are very happy about the positive feedback.

Even John Romero tweeted about it today :)

So glad to see this completed and released! I'm only a little bit into the first proper level of the mod, but I can already tell this is going to be everything I hoped it would be. The attention to detail in the Allied HQ alone is mindboggling, the guns feel weighty and satisfying and it seems like there's going to be a ton of exploring to do. I've played all the (official) Wolfenstein games from 3D onwards, but this could turn out to be my favorite of them all.

Congratulations on the release Tormentor & Realm667!

Really impressed with how the final version came out and it was absolutely worth the wait. That said does anyone know how to find the combination for the safe in map 4 episode 1?

23 minutes ago, AnonKaiju said:

Really impressed with how the final version came out and it was absolutely worth the wait. That said does anyone know how to find the combination for the safe in map 4 episode 1?

Take a look around for readable notes and see if you can find something that might have inspired a combination that someone would remember :)

18 hours ago, vinnie245 said:

Seeing several Doom mods get their own steam page it would be neat to also see Blade of Agony get one.

Can't be done seeing as it is both based on a franchise not owned by its creators and it also uses assets from other games. so at the very least it would need Microsofts blessing since they now own id, which might not be completely impossible to get seeing how mod friendly the new classic doom releases are. But I believe it also uses assets from old Medal of Honor games and Power Slave for example.

As much has I have been looking forward to this, like earlier builds from a long time ago, I'm going to have to wait a bit longer. There's just too much stuttering, and it really takes the enjoyment out of the mod. Not sure if it is just GZdoom struggling to cope with the mods sheer scale, or something else, but no matter what machine or configuration I use, stutter creeps in all the time. From a modern 2 core Intel CPU machine running at 5.3 ghz, to an 8 core Ryzen 3700x, paired with GTX 1080 and RTX 3070, it makes no difference.

Hoping it can be optimized and ironed out eventually, but it's been like this for years, sadly.

Yeah performance in some level was never good in BoA. In the second level in the third episode I had moments where the framerate jumped from 80 to 40 and to 80fps again, and I remember some 'outdoor' levels on the previous episodes that were even worse.

Yep, I changed settings that would break elements of the mod just to test performance, and would still chug.
For me, it's not a case of framerate dropping below my target (it doesn't) it's the stutter, no matter whether you have a locked framerate or not.
It's not fixable by the user.

First of all, thank you for playing the mod and for feedbacks. You need reconsider some of your phrases btw, because the "it's not fixable by the user" is completely wrong: you can improve performance by changing practically everything ongoing on screen, locked framerate doesn't belong to these issues, this isn't Unity or Unreal engine, it is GZDoom engine and it has limits. We are still doing our best to improve performance, but have in mind that you must play the game without any apps in the background, I say this because I have developed the mod with a GeForce GT 1030 2gb, 8gb ram ddr3 1600mhz and AMD Vishera 6core 3.5ghz.
You can swap between OpenGL and Vulkan renderer, this is a free game effort. I'll drop these screenshots just in case you have missed something, otherwise wait for 3.1 if you don't feel good as how it is now (and it runs pretty good on my machine, from Windows 7 mind you).

https://ibb.co/LQZhjgQ
https://ibb.co/djmvYQ4
https://ibb.co/pnW3GBK
https://ibb.co/gMpS6VZ
https://ibb.co/TtWrnX2

On 5/1/2021 at 2:08 AM, vinnie245 said:

Well atm there is this old Steam group, which isn't very active... But if it will grow, who knows. :)