Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

They were in hiding until you showed up and gunned them down, you bastard >:(

Still working hard on Chapter 2 of Blade of Agony to improve the performance and gameplay, and to compensate the delayed release:

Ha1hHr5.png

Man, this looks so freakin' sweet. Makes me wish I could get GZDoom to work properly on my hardware for this mod alone. When I first heard of this mod way back when, I never thought it would reach this level of dedication and commitment given the amount of mods I've seen come and go over the years. Laz would be proud, and I've no doubt this would have been the natural evolution of his work had he continued pumping out WolfenDOOM mods. Makes me hesitate about releasing my mod which is an nothing more than a speak of dirt in comparision.

1 minute ago, CeeJay said:

Man, this looks so freakin' sweet. Makes me wish I could get GZDoom to work properly on my hardware for this mod alone.

How about upgrading your graphics card? That should solve all your problems, even going with a low end model. Or are you stuck with an old laptop?

I'm pretty much stuck with what I have for the time being. Down to the fact that I own a old computer and being broke.

Agreed. Very nice looking pics & video.

Also agree that the game will require a fairly powerful computer to run at an acceptable rate.

On 20/05/2017 at 3:25 PM, CeeJay said:

I'm pretty much stuck with what I have for the time being. Down to the fact that I own a old computer and being broke.

I do identify with you.

a) You can't change most pieces in a laptop (I own a f$@ked up laptop), which costs even more and is probably the reason I want a desktop PC (but can't afford).

b) People DON'T UNDERSTAND we can't just BUY a new computer it must cost thousands it takes years to gather up enough money!! Here in Brazil if you want money you need to find a VERY good job because in crisis you can't even buy some everyday items because the budget is thigh, and unlike on other countries, here a Computer needs to take even more from that money - and LOTS of time - for some savings with which you can eventually buy one, because a few dozen dollars here is the equivalent to some hundred dollars there! *breathes* I'm sorry, I'm getting mad as the days run and run one after another...

By the way, I wanted to help with the lighting.

Tormentor667 is one of my all-time favorite Doom modders so I'm looking forward to this.  I need to get back into playing Doom mods again after a fairly long hiatus, like, 5 years.  I think this would be a good place to start, along with John Romero's recent gold-trophy winner.

Development News
The work is continuing and we are on a very good road regarding the second chapter of Blade of Agony. We are still not happy with having to postpone the release but after all the improvements and changes we made in the past 10 days, it was definitely the right choice. Over 60 commits have been happened to the GitHub repo and more that 200 improvements and fixes have been made to the maps, the actors and the whole mod. At the moment our beta testers are still getting through the main part of the meat (especially RockstarRaccoon has been a very important source for input, thanks kindly!) and we are cleaning out the final remaining bugs. Next to that, improvements are happening almost everywhere, even in some maps of chapter 1, so what you will get in the end is a polished release with hours of fun - that's a promise we make. So stay tuned, stay psyched, we are doing our best for you and the project!
Screenshot_Doom_20170411_205241.jpg

12 minutes ago, CeeJay said:

Is that Finland?

You mean the screenshot with the giant "Rejkjavik" sign in the middle of it? ;P

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Obviously it's a clue that it takes place in Canada.

I concur. Any ambiguity is easily removed when you consider that the Reykjavik in Finland (and the entirety of Finland for that matter) doesn't have functional railroads.

I've been playing a lot of wads lately, but the one that made the greatest impact lately was Paul's Doomed Space Wars.  Just really nice and the perfect length at about 10 levels.  But I took a few minutes to look at the first few areas of Blade and I am stunned by the amount of detail put into this... and I hadn't even left headquarters!  I know I'm going to love this so I want to savor it.  Wolfenstein 3D was only the second FPS I ever played right after Catacombs 3D in 1993 or so and will remain a cherished PC memory that I'm sure Blade will rekindle in a time when so few games rekindle anything, nostalgia nor admiration nor even interest.  Will wait for Chapter 2 to be released though so I can enjoy this as a more prolonged experience, just as I did with Ultimate Torment & Torture rather than playing the individual parts as they were released.

Thanks for your hard work, Mr. 667.

23 hours ago, Not Jabba said:

You mean the screenshot with the giant "Rejkjavik" sign in the middle of it? ;P

Yes.

d4rKyd2.jpg

We did it! After polishing the second chapter of Blade of Agony for the past 3 weeks we are here to proudly present the release of "Shadows of the Reich", an all new episode that directly connects where the thrilling action and plot ended in "The Staff of Kings", which is also included in the release with a lot of improvements and additional surprises. So what's new?

• High-resolution sprites for all actors (monster,npc; not only upscale, real detail) as well as completely new enemies
  • A total of 11 new maps (as well as all maps from chapter 1)
  • Improved effects and features (dialogue screen, npc ai, doors, cutscenes, skins, models)
  • Introducing GZDoom's latest new engine features (ambient occlusion, lense distortion, shadow maps, bloom effect)
  • Exciting and interactive plot with a lot of surprises

...and that's only a fraction of all the things to come. Don't waste any more time, get psyched, get "Shadows of the Reich" just now!

Hell yeah. Totally phyched!

So I'm not sure what's going on, but both chapter 1 and 2 crashed when u get to the main hub as soon as u look at the big building. Could be my comp, but it's an Alienware alpha with an i3 so I figured it could handle. Runs the levels just fine though. Any with this would be greatly appreciated. This is one of the best doom mods of all time... Totally bummed.

Edited by StraightGib'nEm

It happens in the standalone. I managed to get it working with the pk3 though. Thanks though. Very sweet mod BTW. U guys did a hell of a job.

Top notch detailing and atmosphere. It really feels like a AAA game.

However the game starts to get stale during the second chapter. I know every level looks different but from a gameplay perspective it feels like more of the same. I think it's also because most enemies are hitscanners due to it being a WW2 game. Some projectile dodging would really spice up the game.

I would also recommend taking stuff from The Old Blood and make sprites and textures out of them for the next one.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what other stuff you guys are cooking for us.

I think every chapter should evolve the gameplay and look of the game in some way and by that I don't mean just new levels in different locations. The first chapter is great as it is but maybe the second could be retroactively enhanced once the third one comes out. Either way, the third one could really use some new juice. Here's an idea, how about making a sprite out of the Panzerhund from Old Blood/New Order?

I don't want you to think I didn't like it. It was really impressive. It just need an extra push to make it truly great. If this were a full-priced AAA title from the mid 2000s I would give it a 7.5 but it has the potential to be much better.

EDIT: Oh and you use the same music tracks too much.

Going for a second playthrough. Everything is great, except a part in the Normandy mission, specifically where you have run along a beach, which is getting bombarded. Is there some kind of a pattern to that ? It's very luck based if not. Manages to piss me off every time I get to that part.

Also in chapter 2, there's a level with a church(and a ton of buildings). In the church there is a secret, which I think is made from a wrong sector. The sector that tags as a secret is a very small nook with 2 barrels. If intended as such, players will never think to shoot those barrels and tag the sector.

In chapter 1, the Paris mission, I have yet to find secret nr 3. Even watched a playthrough on yt. That guy did not find it either.

Chapter 2, end mission, end part where you have to jump on ledges and stuff, the final switch that opens the area with the boss guy and some soldiers, that did not open for me. Any idea what could cause this ? I used noclip to get past it.

Otherwise very very very very good mod. Best I've played since Black Mesa.