Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

I call false advertising. It says Wolfendoom, and the maps aren't endless bland corridors.

mouldy said:

That looks and sounds pretty damn impressive. One thing I noticed with earphones is the noise of the player footsteps sounds like its coming from someone following a few paces behind you.

Can you make the footsteps only play when the player is moving at max speed?

Looks pretty slick, man. Looking forward to the beta.

nice pics, although those trees look comically small for some reason. Maybe I just never noticed how small trees are in doom

I think everything looks small because the player doesn't stand on the visible ground. Instead, he is roughly 3 times his own height above it. Otherwise the whole train would be too small. But well, the trees are small anyway.

Yeah there is that. But then when you look at the size of the trees next to the train, they look about the same height. Whereas the kind of trees they are modelled on look like they should be much taller.

Tormentor667 said:

New shots from C1M0 - Warning, spoilers :)

Spoiler

In the 3rd and 5th screenshots, I can see red glowing men in purple swimming trunks and locked inside glassed crates. What the hell?

New Screenshots
This is going to be the interlude to a secret map of episode 2, I don't want to spoil too much though, so here you go:

Spoiler

What actually happens is that you are sent to a Aztec excavation site in South America. At the very end, you find a portal that is already in control by the Nazis. When trying to escape, the only way leads through this portal. Are you save? Well, for now yes, but you find yourself in 2143 instead of 1943.The shots are from part one of the map basically in the excavation site. The second part is a homage to Astrostein then :)

Outstanding stuff, Torm! Can't wait to play it. This and Paul's Star Wars project are on the top of my must-play list!

Idk why, but a small part of me cracked a huge smile when I saw the waterfalls.

The story you put out with those screenshots was pretty cool too, but the year makes me wonder what it will turn in to.

@Louigi - Well, you can be patient or you can get yourself the development version from Github ;)

@Avoozl - Nope but in case you ever played Laz Rojas' Portal or Astrostein, you get the idea

This is some "heavy development" alpha footage from "WolfenDoom - Blade of Agony" showcasing first areas of its secret mission "Operation: Astrostein". If you have played Laz Rojas' original work, you might already know what this is all about so I am not going to spoil all of it.

Alpha Footage from "Operation: Astrostein"

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/w-g6Q7iXrFM

I like how you seem to be tying together some of the ideas from the old Wolfendoom projects.

The Aztec ruins bit makes me think of Pathways Into Darkness, though I suppose it'd be a bit much to ask for more explicit references!

I've been checking this thread every time it gets an update. I have a question. How many levels are planned for each theme you are doing (there seem to be loads) and how many levels are planned in total for this beast?