Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

I like how (so far) ALL swinging doors (including normal house/room ones) always open towards the other side than the one you press them from, which is very unrealistic for sure (or can your room's door do that?), but good for the game's flow.

Hey Torm, love ya and all, but... could you make this text on your site slightly less confusing? It's a total contradiction in that it says you need Doom 2 or FreeDoom... but won't work with an IWAD. ???

Furthermore, could you, um, not copy text from Square's website?

Not that I want to stir up a controversy over a few lines of text but yeesh, that's laziness. Especially a problem when your resulting sentence doesn't even make sense.

@Jimmy - Oh god yes, shame on me... I totally forgot to fix that text. Just did it and it should be fine now - and make sense :) Thanks for the reminder.

Did this on stream today, had a ton of fun tormentor.

My gripes would be map 1 didn't seem like fun of an experience to open up with, just how it plays and dealing with the hitscanner locations. One of the key areas on the walls in the Paris mission is a little too hard to see and the turret section is very bleh.

Loved it otherwise!

The copy paste in this mod did not disappoint.

Edit: To add some context to this post, there's a room with a boss in C1M2 that was copy pasted into C1M5 with very minor changes. The enemy placement (on normal at least), crates, canisters, and even a loose tile on the floor are placed exactly the same way. This is really lazy and having literally the same fight twice doesn't add anything to gameplay. It would be better if one of the copies were removed.

C1M2

C1M5

C1M2

C1M5

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time but not surprisingly I'm having trouble getting the mod to work properly, especially in the graphics department. It seems to run well for the most part but I can't get most of the new GFX to work.

I'd be very grateful for some advice, not sure what I need to change to get it looking right, not playable like this. Will this only work on 32 bit systems or something? Other things don't display right like the title screen. I messed with all of the in-game graphics settings but nothing changed.

VGA said:

Which version of GZDoom exactly are you using?

I tried running it with a few different versions but the only one that ran was the one packaged in the standalone pack.

I get an out of video memory error on my geforce 450, is the modding so great that it requires more than 512mb vram?

invictius said:

I get an out of video memory error on my geforce 450, is the modding so great that it requires more than 512mb vram?

If you are using one of the texture resize filters in GZDoom, turn them off and try again.

I am unable to finish the Operation Eisenfaust mission. I go to the train station and nothing happens.

DooM_RO said:

I am unable to finish the Operation Eisenfaust mission. I go to the train station and nothing happens.

I recall someone telling me that the train station level is in the next episode, so that may be why.

Gez said:

If you are using one of the texture resize filters in GZDoom, turn them off and try again.

Multi sampling can also severely drive up your VRAM usage.

DooM_RO said:

Did you blow up the research station first?

Try talking to your allies waiting for you.

Gez said:

Did you blow up the research station first?

Try talking to your allies waiting for you.

Yes, I did blow it up. The allies have no dialogue.

Well then. Open the console and type "special exit_normal 0" (without the quote marks, obviously).

Gez said:

Well then. Open the console and type "special exit_normal 0" (without the quote marks, obviously).

That worked! Thanks!

I really enjoy this mod, with all it's visual detail and story. One thing that bothers me is the sudden difficulty increase after reaching the second mission.

invictius said:

I have a laptop with a 512mb APU, so I've certainly hit some rough patches as far as framerate =p the only unplayable bit for me, though, was the end of c1m0. BoA definitely demands a lot from GZDoom, but I think it will be playable for most people if players with lower-end rigs are willing to compromise on the settings.

DooM_RO said:

I have a hunch (correct me if I'm wrong!) that you retraced your steps to the beginning of the map. There's actually another path you take once you exit the destroyed facility leading to the station. The text could probably be a little clearer about that =p something to tweak for future updates, in any case. Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful.

JamesC said:

I have a hunch (correct me if I'm wrong!) that you retraced your steps to the beginning of the map. There's actually another path you take once you exit the destroyed facility leading to the station. The text could probably be a little clearer about that =p something to tweak for future updates, in any case. Thanks for the feedback, it's very helpful.

Yeah, that's what I did. You are right, the objective could have been clearer.

Oh, and is there a Chaingun later on?

Really having a blast through this one, but....

I really reaaaaally hate to be that guy..... but including "anything goes" straight from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.... isn't it way past the grey area of copyright?

One more thing. There could be more variety in music. It gets repetitive after a while. I suggest using a few tracks from Old Blood. Oh, and some of the secrets are too obvious.

Execution could not continue.

Script error, "boa_c1.pk3:actors/misc/player.txt" line 35:
"player.viewbob" is an unknown actor property

What am I doing wrong here? (latest GZDOOM)

xmblolpp said:

I've been looking forward to this for quite some time but not surprisingly I'm having trouble getting the mod to work properly, especially in the graphics department. It seems to run well for the most part but I can't get most of the new GFX to work.

http://i.imgur.com/ybvxz4m.png

I'd be very grateful for some advice, not sure what I need to change to get it looking right, not playable like this. Will this only work on 32 bit systems or something? Other things don't display right like the title screen. I messed with all of the in-game graphics settings but nothing changed.

Still need some tech support on this one, I've been messing with this because I REALLY want to play it but I am at a loss as to what the cause of these GFX problems are. I've seen problems like this before playing other megawads and it was always a wrong sourceport version but that simply isn't the case this time...

I've tried all the recent GZDoom releases and the result is always the same as shown above...

To me it looks like your graphics card isn't handling the assets the way it should - can you confirm that your drivers are 100% up to date?

Don't know if this has been asked before, but can't find where to bind the <throw grenade> action, so I'm stuck in the shooting range tutorial :(

I can't check right now, but generally it would appear at the very bottom of the controls menu.

ESCAPE -> Options -> Customize Controls -> Press up (to jump to the bottom of the menu)

Dragonfly said:

I can't check right now, but generally it would appear at the very bottom of the controls menu.

ESCAPE -> Options -> Customize Controls -> Press up (to jump to the bottom of the menu)

Already checked in there. The options at the bottom of the menu are "Strife popup screens".