Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

2 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

Yeah performance in some level was never good in BoA. In the second level in the third episode I had moments where the framerate jumped from 80 to 40 and to 80fps again, and I remember some 'outdoor' levels on the previous episodes that were even worse.

Even though we made a huge amount of improvements regarding the performance, BoA pushes GZDoom to its limits. One very good suggeston though is to switch to Vulkan as preferred renderer instead of OpenGL. That gains some FPS.

Thanks for the suggestions. I have indeed tried these, and switched between api. The reason I mentioned 'not fixable by the user' is because I can't see how it is.
As you said, the mod has pushed GZDoom to its limits, and by doing so has brought about performance issues outside of framerates. The performance issue that I'm having is the stuttering. Changing settings would increase the FPS, but this is not a problem I have with my hardware (it holds 60), and this doesn't lower the strain on the engine enough to remove the stutter.

I'm not knocking the mod. It looks incredible, and I appreciate all the effort and time you guys have put into it. I'm just saying that I will wait for optimization within the mod and the GZDoom engine itself with future updates.

I have yet to play this mod, but I hear one of the difficulty settings is called "Master Race". Is that not a bit, hum... tasteless?

49 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I have yet to play this mod, but I hear one of the difficulty settings is called "Master Race". Is that not a bit, hum... tasteless?

It's just a silly video game term. Nothing to do with actual race.

Console vs PC gaming warrior bullshit. It's all in good fun, even if it is a little worn by now. Nothing to ever be taken seriously. Though there are sad people that let things like that effect their real world lives. Those are people to just ignore.

1 hour ago, Rudolph said:

I'd tend to agree... yikes fam.

1 hour ago, braders1986 said:

It's just a silly video game term. Nothing to do with actual race.

I do not want this thread to get derailed by a debate, so I will end this exchange with the following statement:

No, I do not believe it is not "just a silly video game term" and yes, I do think it should be taken seriously, as this shit has been demonstrably appropriated by the Far Right as part of their infiltration of the gaming community and their whole recruitment pipeline. At the end of the day, "ironic" racism is still racism, especially if you do nothing to challenge it. Just so we are clear, I am not accusing the developers of being Far Right themselves here; I just do not think this sort of loaded language should be adopted, normalized and even trivialized.

Edited by Rudolph

I’m amazed that the term “master race” has been so co-opted by games that someone might not even realize it’s a nazi term!

I hate it when people use it in a games context, but I can just about convince myself it’s OK here. Let the nazis declare themselves the master race, then blow them to bits anyway :)

I'm playing through the first 2 chapters again here. I will say. I love reading the developer notes and knowing the ins and outs of the inspirations and references scattered around.

13 minutes ago, DavidN said:

I’m amazed that the term “master race” has been so co-opted by games that someone might not even realize it’s a nazi term!

Ah, yes, it's a console-vs-PC joke in a mod exclusively for the PC (so nobody who even remotely cares will see it), and not the inevitable continuation of Torm's long and tragicomic history of tone-deafness.

I stared at that difficulty selection screen countless times during my playtesting and somehow never even thought about it... But yeah, big fucking oof. Push out a really quick update that changes the name, then you can work on bug fixes... Because yikes.

Still around 20 fps in the very first level of Ep3, with more or less nothing visibly going on in the viewport.

It just gives me a headache to think how many man-hours of work and how many assets are being just flushed down the drain. I understand that modders gonna mod, but when you're driving away nearly all your target audience, why do you even spend so much on the project in the first place?

This is not "low fps", it's unplayable. I want to say something along the lines of how I respect the work that has gone into this, but the end result is so bad technologically, all this work is completely pointless.

This is without going into any detail about the ungodly amount of tasteless, overdone VFX that almost made me quit E3 during the nightmare dream sequence right at the start. :\

3 hours ago, jazzmaster9 said:

I'm playing through the first 2 chapters again here. I will say. I love reading the developer notes and knowing the ins and outs of the inspirations and references scattered around.

We are happy to hear that Someone even reads the comments :) wasn’t expecting that.

Regarding the term „Herrenrasse“, we didn’t think about the right wing and the connection but more considered this to be satirical. We will remove that term though for the first bugfix release.

Regarding the performance @Curunir, have you tried Vulkan instead of OpenGL? And have you tried the performance presets with less hungry settings? Or the shader options in general? We implemented a huge amount of possibilities to reduce the performance requirements so everyone can actually play the game in a reasonable FPS.

I have been anticipating this release since Chapter 2, and now it's finally here! I've been testing for about 20 minutes so far and have only experienced some performance issues as mentioned by others, but no bugs or glitches. Everything looks amazing to say the least. The updated enemy sprites really give the game a true Wolfenstein look and feel and are really fun to look at while they're blasting you.

Edited by Shulbocka

Thanks for listening to people’s concerns, @Tormentor667 - sounds good :) I’m looking forward to seeing what you had to say about the development as well!

2 hours ago, Tormentor667 said:

Regarding the term „Herrenrasse“, we didn’t think about the right wing and the connection but more considered this to be satirical. We will remove that term though for the first bugfix release.

I could see this coming across as satirical is if it was the name given to the lowest difficulty setting and put in quotations.

Playing this for the first time in 2021, and aside from a few performance issues, I love it.

Except I'm stuck on this goddamn safe in C1M4, and I've been here for what feels like an hour now. I've put in 

Spoiler

the combination 13-12-09

in every conceivable way possible. Left direction first, right direction first, day first, month first. Pressing Enter after every number, pressing Enter ONLY at the end. No matter what I do this thing will not open and I'm slowly losing my mind. Any help, please?

The topic of the difficulty name has already been addressed by the dev. Drop it or the thread will be locked. 

To get back on topic, I've just finished C1M3 saveless and it's been a while since a game made me sweat as much as when I had to repeatedly cross that central trench with all the hidden gun emplacements shooting at the player. Still enjoying the hell out of this, taking my time and exploring every nook and cranny. Definitely one of my favorite Doom-related releases of the recent past.

The mike:This I want to know too, I tried left, right, left, right and oposite directons, nothing will hapnned when I use enter, only one sound.

7 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

On the right turn, you have to spin around one full rotation... that's what worked for me on Ep3

I solved, zero is not right, it must be only 13-12-9 and do it right, left, right. :)

Watching a video playthrough of C3M0_B Operation Raubgold, I find it kind of funny that despite having to be stealthy, at no point does the game seem to let you grab one of the many spare uniforms lying around and put them on to be able to move around without alerting enemies.

Are there supposed to be boss sprites during the final confrontation of ep3? I just shoot at some invisible monster named "Adolf Hitler" until it dies.

Minor bug report!

The revolving door into the Paris hotel got rotated in such a way that I couldn't get in at the end. The edge of the door was in the way of the door way. I had to idclip inside to finish the level.

Still loving this. There aren't quite words for how delighted I was by what happens when I used the first cartridge in the HQ basement.

Edit: okay, that's an overstatement. I was delighted, though.