Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

[Wolfenstein: Blade of Agony] Achievement Ideas? (p13)

4 hours ago, Scuba Steve said:

Are there supposed to be boss sprites during the final confrontation of ep3? I just shoot at some invisible monster named "Adolf Hitler" until it dies.

Maybe the Nazi military research have developed invisibility cloaks.

Absolutely awesome piece... Loving it, thanks a lot for the work!

I'm running it on a mac with starting the boa.ipk3. At the end of C1M6 when exiting the level in direction of the nazis, the game crashes. Attached a screenshot of the error. I will replay the map and see if I still get it.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-06 um 13.09.39.png

Congrats on the full release! I've been taking my time with my playthrough. Currently on E1M4 and I'm still amazed by the size and scope of these worlds!

Glad to see this finally released.

I've just tipped the toes in this and finished the first mission in Tunis, which I enjoyed.

It takes me back to the vibes of the first medal of honor games of the late 90's aswell as RTCW and Call of Duty (2003)

Only issue I'm experiencing is a very weird texture glitch in the conference / briefing room.

During mission briefings I can barely see what is being shown on the projector as the white texture glitch rotates and expands depending on where u stand in the room and covering almost the entire screen.. 

Screenshot_BoA_20210507_224034.png

Screenshot_BoA_20210507_224109.png

Screenshot_BoA_20210507_224130.png

11 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

Disabling the lense flares in the options solves this.

Danke.

On 5/6/2021 at 6:46 AM, Scuba Steve said:

Are there supposed to be boss sprites during the final confrontation of ep3? I just shoot at some invisible monster named "Adolf Hitler" until it dies.

We already got a second bug report of that kind but have no solution for that as it doesn't happen every time. In our tests such a bug never happened. Can you try to find a way to reproduce it definitely even if you warp to C3M6_B?

On 5/6/2021 at 10:53 AM, LordEntr0py said:

Minor bug report!

The revolving door into the Paris hotel got rotated in such a way that I couldn't get in at the end. The edge of the door was in the way of the door way. I had to idclip inside to finish the level.

Reported this in our GitHub issues page, we will look at it.

For anyone looking to play Blade of Agony (BoA), make sure that on https://boa.realm667.com/index.php/download, you select the Standalone version of Blade of Agony.  BoA expects at least GZDoom 4.6 r195, so if you decide to run boa.ipk3 in your already existing GZdoom folder (not the Standalone version), then make sure BoA is running in at least GZDoom 4.6 r195.

To check what version of GZdoom you're running, run any of the games GZdoom supports, press the ` key to bring down the console, then look in the lower right-hand corner of the console.  The GZdoom version number will be shown there. 

1 hour ago, AnonKaiju said:

So is this eligible for this years cacoawards?

I was wondering about this as well. The Episode 1 release already got a Cacoward in 2016, but you could argue that not only are there two more episodes now, but the old maps have also seen a major overhaul, making it an almost completely different and improved mod.

1 hour ago, AwakeOnPhobos said:

I was wondering about this as well. The Episode 1 release already got a Cacoward in 2016, but you could argue that not only are there two more episodes now, but the old maps have also seen a major overhaul, making it an almost completely different and improved mod.

Well, you might want to mention it in the „mention thread“ for 2021 :)

I'm on Chapter 3 so far, (rest of this post is spoilers, obviously)

Spoiler

after the airship crash. How far am I from the ending? I really feel like this part of the mod starts to drags on. It doesn't help that the level gets pretty laggy too.

36 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

Hide contents

after the airship crash. How far am I from the ending? I really feel like this part of the mod starts to drags on. It doesn't help that the level gets pretty laggy too.

Two levels.

9 hours ago, Lizardcommando said:

Hide contents

2 levels to go, you are almost done!

I finally beat it. Here are my thoughts on the final stage and just my overall impressions of Blade of Agony:

Spoiler

The final confrontation with the big bad himself was really hard. I hated having to deal with the never ending onslaught of zombies. I'd rather have Hitler have more special attacks than having him rely on spawning zombies constantly. The last level of going through Castle Wolfenstein was really long. Having to backtrack and find all of those keys, phew, what a chore that was. I still was having performance issues and the last 2 levels were certainly running noticeably slower than the earlier levels.

The last teaser at the credits with the Astrostein bad guys showing up. Is that a teaser for an upcoming sequel or is it supposed to mean that there is a new chapter that gets unlocked after beating Blade of Agony?

Also, is there going to be a full on Commander Keen TC like the one seen in the secret arcade games? Aside from those wind effects that seem to cause a bit of lag, I liked it.

The weapons were alright. The Sten is pretty OP, but the Sword of Agony could have been a bit more powerful. I'm not a fan of that Goldeneye style reload animations for the weapons. I have always hated the bolt pull animation for the Kar98k. It looks like the bolt got stuck and the player is just pulling the whole gun back.

That Tesla Armor is a real godsend. It's too bad you can't get it in the final stage (as far as I am aware of lol). The mine detector is really useful, but it drains way too fast.

For the most part, I liked Blade of Agony. Truthfully, it's not something I see myself replaying over and over again, but the presentation and the level design was really nice and the story (even though the betrayal from PVT. Ryan was a little predictable) was fairly engaging. It's still a tough game even at the lower difficulty settings and many of the enemies felt like bullet sponges. The performance issues was pretty prevalent throughout the whole game and is probably the biggest gripe I have. There were definitely parts where the game was stuttering quite a bit compared to other parts (the section in the desert in Episode 1 that has the dig site next to the Egyptian ruins, the airship level, the SS Headquarters, Castle Wolfenstein were the biggest offenders). The fog is really hard to see through, especially for the tank mission. I had to use the Liteamp cheat to be able to see clearly. It wasn't as bad as the desert mission where you hitched a ride on the truck driving through the desert to get to that village, but the game lagging was not helping things either.

Overall, I give this a 7/10. Any Doom fan and Wolfenstein fan should give this mod a playthrough at least once.

36 minutes ago, Lizardcommando said:

The last teaser at the credits with the Astrostein bad guys showing up. Is that a teaser for an upcoming sequel or is it supposed to mean that there is a new chapter that gets unlocked after beating Blade of Agony?

There's a secret Astrostein level, I think in the second episode, so that's probably just that.

Spoiler

IIRC you access it through that level with the Mayan pyramid. There's some cheese about opening a time portal to explain why you get sent there.

21 minutes ago, Gez said:

There's a secret Astrostein level, I think in the second episode, so that's probably just that.

Hide contents

IIRC you access it through that level with the Mayan pyramid. There's some cheese about opening a time portal to explain why you get sent there.

Spoiler

Does beating the Astrostein level change the ending?

Where is sometnig with code in C2M4? I cant find it. :(

E:Now I know here, I have to find it there.

Edited by Moravectomascb

@Tormentor667 Since you took the time to design that secret Commander Keen level, are you considering making a full-blown standalone Commander Keen TC in the future? :P

Edited by Rudolph

I'm on E2M3 and having trouble finding what I think is the first secret I'd have stumbled upon

Spoiler

From what the paper specified, it may be near one of the houses but I've searched all over and can't find anything. I found all of the other secrets in the level. 

9 hours ago, Moravectomascb said:

One was in that building, which is tipical for farm and one was on one of house roof.

Turns out it was the second one. It only counts as a secret if you pick up the item but I already had a full inventory. Mystery solved at least! 

How can I go throw this gate? In 3.0 I cant go on barells. :(

E: I foud it, there is Canal. :D

Edited by Moravectomascb

On 5/5/2021 at 5:52 AM, Moravectomascb said:

I solved, zero is not right, it must be only 13-12-9 and do it right, left, right. :)

WTF DO YOU MEAN DO I make the red arrow move right or move the circle right do I have to press enter on each number I don't fucking understand this I been here for 2 HOURS IM GOIN INSANE

Just finished. Haven't had any experience with this TC before the final release, so I was viewing all of it with fresh eyes. My quick review:

I was blown away by the level design throughout. With how open ended it was, I never felt lost. I even played the entire first episode without a compass and didn't feel like I really NEEDED it. The stealth is...weirdly good? I didn't expect to enjoy the sneaking missions as much as I did. 

Spoiler

The one at the start of Episode 2 was the first and probably best, not to slight the others.

I didn't find any of the SUPER SECRET Commander Keen missions, but I played and enjoyed all of the 3 side missions you find by doing side objectives in the main campaign. 

Spoiler

Again, the one in Episode 2 was a stand out. I did not expect the trip to the future to come with ENTIRELY new enemies and weapons. This TC just kept going above and beyond. Honestly, this was probably my favorite mission in all three episodes.

The whole thing was just wonderful and felt like a genuine love letter to Wolfenstein. Like...if there had never been a Wolfenstein 3D sequel until 2021, and they just wanted to expand on the ideas from the original, that's what this did. Better bosses, more intricate environments, wider enemy variety, an actual USE for gold (the in-game economy was really well balanced by the way). 

My problems with the game...

Spoiler

At times the performance was just awful. I'm on a mid-tier gaming rig (not a liquid cooled super machine or anything but good enough to play modern releases at medium-high detail with no performance lag), and this game was a slide show in the more effect-heavy levels. The Episode 3 secret mission with all of the zombies comes immediately to mind. My GPU was fucking smoking. Single digits fps. I'm sorry...a throwback shooter should not run like this. I know this is the first release, so I'm not judging too harshly, I just think it's a shame that so many people aren't going to be able to enjoy it. For me, even at its worst, it was at least playable.

And my biggest issue...

Spoiler

The last boss is, in a word, horseshit. Even on normal difficulty, I beat him only with the help of iddqd'ing my way to victory. And it STILL took 5 minutes of sustained sword blasts to bring him down. My finger was actually aching. Mind you, this is because I was out of souls at this point but...I feel like that's by design? The 300 soul portal you need to pass to get to the final area combined with the boss rush that REQUIRES the sword throughout seems to suggest that the developers wanted your sword on empty (or damn near) when Hitler shows up. So you're supposed to kill his zombie adds to slowly stock up on sword power and then hit him with a powered up sword while it lasts, and then stock up again all while he hitscans you and blasts the area with constant shockwaves...and at this point you probably have about 50% health. Y I K E S. And his health pool is completely ridiculous. The battle with cyborg Hitler in the secret Episode 2 mission is actually better--if only because it can be beaten without cheating without EXTREME SWEATINESS. 

BUT...overall, this TC was fantastic. I'm really sad it's over.

Hope you guys get another cacoaward!