Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GS-1719

Doom III Weapons

Enough of videos, one thing that has barely been mentioned are the weapons. I would like to see the chaingun and the return of the brass nuts.

As someone who never played the original DOOMs, could you fill me in on what the old weapons were?

I agree a good Chaingun is always welcome...although sniper weapons are my faves, I have to admit.

With the reduction gameplay speed of Doom III they're talking about, I'd definitely like to see some sort of sniper rifle for large maps - especially a railgun.

RRROOOAAARRR said:

As someone who never played the original DOOMs, could you fill me in on what the old weapons were?

Saturday, May 25th. It has begun.

I agree a good Chaingun is always welcome...although sniper weapons are my faves, I have to admit. [/B]

It's very unlikely that there will be sniper-like weapons in a game where the action focuses in cramped scenarios against agile creatures.

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Doom introduced many of the classical weapon types you also can find in the Quake series. Doom 2 had Knuckledusters and occasionally a chainsaw for melee weapons, a pistol, single barrelled shotgun, double barrelled shotgun, chaingun, rocketlauncher, plasma gun, and BFG 9000. Doom 1 had the same weapons, except the double shotgun and some other weapon (don´t remember exactly).

Tetzlaff said:

Doom 1 had the same weapons, except the double shotgun and some other weapon (don´t remember exactly).

The Hell? What are you babbling about? The only addition weapon-wise is the double-barreled shotgun.

Tetzlaff said:

Doom introduced many of the classical weapon types you also can find in the Quake series. Doom 2 had Knuckledusters and occasionally a chainsaw for melee weapons, a pistol, single barrelled shotgun, double barrelled shotgun, chaingun, rocketlauncher, plasma gun, and BFG 9000. Doom 1 had the same weapons, except the double shotgun and some other weapon (don´t remember exactly).

umm... no other weapon, and it's doom2 that had the double barrel.

The Quakers Migration.

(please note this is NOT meant as an insult in any shape or form)

Zaldron said:

The Quakers Migration.

(please note this is NOT meant as an insult in any shape or form)

LOL, not taken as one mate...Q3 was the first PC game I played, I only got my first PC at the beginning of 2000...hence my never having played the first DOOMs.

NarcoTerror said:

umm... no other weapon, and it's doom2 that had the double barrel.

Yes I actually said Doom2 had the double barrel! :p

And I also said I didn´t remember exactly if Doom1... erm let´s take it the other way round: if Doom2 had some more weapons Doom1 didn´t had. Wasn´t the chainsaw also new in Doom2?

oops, misread a word in that post.

Only difference between doom1 and 2 in the weapons category is that doom2 had the double barrel shotgun. Other than that they're the same.

These forums are boring because there are too few people around to post. Good to see some new people joining...

Thx for the clarification. I played Doom1 just 1 or 2 times, but Doom2 a dozen times, also Doom2 was the first shooter I ever played, so I remember more stuff from it :)

Fredrik said:

These forums are boring because there are too few people around to post. Good to see some new people joining...

I aim to please...:-)

(Heh)

It could be worse though. For some unknown reason, Doomworld has been horribly slow for me the last few days...

It was damn slow for me a few days ago, but I just put it down to my generally horrible 56K connection...seems OK now.

IE6 here...works fine. I can't believe flood-control here is at 60 seconds though, must get agonising when you're in a heated debate with someone!

RRROOOAAARRR said:

IE6 here...works fine. I can't believe flood-control here is at 60 seconds though, must get agonising when you're in a heated debate with someone!

The worst is when you're having a spam competition against someone :(

RRROOOAAARRR said:

Sp*m competition...? I couldn't possibly comment...:-)...

Ever been in one? I had one with Maonth a couple of months back. Got over 200 posts... 60 seconds restriction was a pain, but it sure was fun :P

Nah, not really...I've been in some damn good flame wars, but no sp*m competitions. Although I did once manage 300 posts in a weekend, most of them were at least vaguely coherent ( or as close to coherence as I get ).

:-)

RRROOOAAARRR said:

I did once manage 300 posts in a weekend
:-)

Hey, I've managed that in one day. It's the local record, as far as I know :)