scifista42

InstaDoom thread attracts thousands of viewers

BlackFish said:

Inevitable mainstream article incoming.

Polygon said:

Instadoom: Proof that mods are stupid and obsolete

Polygon said:

We make ourselves news.

I did laugh at the Doom selfies. Congrats Doomworld, we've finally made it to the mainstream again for 24 hours. I can only hope they migrate here so they can see what we're talking about :-)

It's all a plot by Linguica to bring tons more traffic to the site, slowing it down so he can demand ransom money kindly ask for donations to keep DW functional! I knew it!

On a more serious note, it'd be nice to see this issue resolved or at least further addressed.

Sodaholic said:

It's all a plot by Linguica to bring tons more traffic to the site, slowing it down so he can demand ransom money kindly ask for donations to keep DW functional! I knew it!

On a more serious note, it'd be nice to see this issue resolved or at least further addressed.

OMG, This all makes sense, Its a conspiracy!

Where is all the traffic coming from? Is it just pure word of mouth or is there some article from a mainstream site?

GeckoYamori said:

Where is all the traffic coming from? Is it just pure word of mouth or is there some article from a mainstream site?

Just do a Google search for "InstaDoom", dozens of sites already mention it, many of them can be considered mainstream. I've found it out soon after posting this thread.

In other news:

"Most users ever online was 8543 on 02-15-15 at 17:14."

That's an enormous number. Usual number is 100-400, the record was about 600 not so long time ago.

*double post*

EDIT:

"Most users ever online was 9290 on 02-15-15 at 17:20."

The forum is also heavily lagging for me.

GeckoYamori said:

Hacker News, I think. But more sites might be picking it up now.

Breezeep said:

why kotaku?

That's a good question for any day, not just for this particular situation.

Gez said:

wikia links, wikia links everywhere. Use doomwiki.org, people!

Sometimes, I wish the company that ran Wikia just stopped existing. They're jerks for holding onto all that material.

Next on Fox: Fox National Security Analyst Kathy McFarland has uncovered evidence that ISIS may be using the mass selfie simulator Instadoom to train their recruits. More at 12.

Ling, you've bastardized the creation you so claim to love. A plague upon your house! May all your bacon burn!

Well, this proves that as long as you slap the current "hip" terms after anything's name, it suddenly becomes fashionable again. Doom clone? That's old history, homie. But "Selfie Doom"? That's HOT SHIT right there, dude!

Maes said:

Well, this proves that as long as you slap the current "hip" terms after anything's name, it suddenly becomes fashionable again. Doom clone? That's old history, homie. But "Selfie Doom"? That's HOT SHIT right there, dude!

That wasn't meant as a diss towards your work, Big L. My point was that the crowds/the masses are literally buzzword-driven, and that if something doesn't ride the crest of the latest fad, it's practically dead and invisible to the majority.

I don't know if you actually created your work with a satirical intent towards the selfie fad (I would be surprised if you didn't though), but the response you got clearly made any satirical intent superfluous: the hipsters and all the "social media blogosphere" or whatever they call it today, turned into a satire of themselves ;-)