Marijuana

Marijuana:  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Marijuana:

• I smelled some smoke once, that\'s it
    • I do weed/hash at least once a month
    • Coco puffs every weekend!
    • used to smoke it, now i\'m sober.
    • Weed is for weaklings, heroin is where it\'s at!
    • Drugs Are Bad!

Fredrik said:

Just the same here. And if I can't leave the room, I hold my breath for as long as possible.

I breath trought my mouth. Damaging yes, but I don't have to smell it.

Zaldron said:

I breath trought my mouth. Damaging yes, but I don't have to smell it.

Breathing through the mouth is like ten times more dangerous than breathing through the nose...

Anyway, here's my opinion.

1. Waste of money

Cheaper than alcohol and you don't have a mega hangover in the morning.

2. I run the risk of arrest

Not in England, my friend.

3. It would break my parents' hearts.

My parents don't know... well they probably do but they aren't telling me that.

4. I don't like things that adversely affect my actions

Huh? We're not talking about Rohyponol here.

5. deadnail uses Marijuana, do I want to be like deadnail? No.

Don't be so single minded... the reason it's illegal in England is because the government can't tax you. The truth is it's a great drug. It mellows you out yet makes you aware of everything plus no hang over.

I've smoked "weed" for at least two years now and no adverse affects not only that but my surname is actually "Stoner"... no kidding. Hehehe.

Spike said:

Archvile64 hit the nail on the head the first time round.
If weed is bad, then so is alcohol (therefore damning 90% of the population to hell).

Hold it, I never said that I would damn 90% of the population to Hell, neither directly nor indirectly - I just stated why I find it weird that so many people seem so obsessed with these things.

Oh, and about weed being cheap: Might be, but if you smoke a lot of it, lots of small sums of money become BIG sums of money - that's the truth for everything you use a lot of.

As long as people don't overuse it.

People can smoke weed all they friggin' want, but I STILL reserve my right to stay away from it.

If weed is bad, then so is alcohol (therefore damning 90% of the population to hell). I believe statistics will show that alcohol is responsible for many more deaths than marijuana.

Yes, that is true. It's because alcohol has been around for a very long time and can't just be taken away (same goes for cigarettes btw).

If alcohol was introduced today, it would've been banned worldwide.

where are the "I'm too stoned to even begin answering this question!" and "I have severe lung cancer from it" choices?

I've smoked a fair bit in my time, mostly through bombs, but I'm cutting it out now.

My girlfriend recently did coke which put a huge strain on our relationship, and we decided to leave all illegal drugs behind, in favour of being responsible and healthy enough to consider kids in a few years time.

Drugs are BAD, and their use is inexcusable. It is a sad reflection on modern western society that their use is so widespread.

GS-1719 said:

Drugs are BAD, and their use is inexcusable. It is a sad reflection on modern western society that their use is so widespread.

Quite so.

I find the previous two statements laughable and you know why? They're exactly what I expect from ignorant single-minded fools who have no sense of adventure. Me, I'm a risk taker, I've taken drugs, I've had unprotected sex... but you know what? I don't regret a thing because regretting the past is like lying to yourself.
Don't deny yourself anything. I know it's your choice but don't say spiteful crap about it being unexcusable because it's personal choice. Don't bloody preach because all it does is proves that western society is just full of idiots with little to say a way to much sense. Live a little more guys.

Yeah, like i said: Our civilisation is stuck up!

Unprotected sex can be bad though, because it could result in sick children. Also doing drugs while having children are bad.

If you want to take risks, make sure that it is only yourself who has to pay if anythings goes bad.

I've only ever risked myself but GS-1719's post was just plain stupid. Doesn't he realise that loads of people require the drug in question due to medicinal purposes (remember cancer victims require morphine as well)? Does he actually have any intelligence what so ever? I maybe sounding quite spiteful and bitter but his ignorance offends me, how dare he pass jusgement on others. Sure dsm's post was fine, it was just his opinion and that's fine but GS-1719 is just damn foolish and Fredrik is equal so for backing him up.
People like GS-1719 are responsible for the western civilisation for being screwed up in the first place.
Mary Whitehouse = GS-1719.

Don't flame poor little GS-1719. He is only a product of our civilisation, which is awfully stuck up.

Bad Luck Ranger said:

I find the previous two statements laughable and you know why? They're exactly what I expect from ignorant single-minded fools who have no sense of adventure. Me, I'm a risk taker, I've taken drugs, I've had unprotected sex...

Those are reasons why I find it hard to take you serious - unprotected sex???
You wanna die a painful death while still young?
Apparently...

Bad Luck Ranger said:

Doesn't he realise that loads of people require the drug in question due to medicinal purposes (remember cancer victims require morphine as well)? People like GS-1719 are responsible for the western civilisation for being screwed up in the first place.

How many people use it for medicinal purposes exactly? Tolerance and ignorance of hard issues such as drugs and lack or moral guidance is what has screwed up western civilisation.

Bad Luck Ranger said:

I've only ever risked myself ...

That statement is the most purile, stupid thing I have seen in a while, "Only risked yourself"?? Having unprotected sex is risking the other person's life, and their future partner's lives...sheesh

Bad Luck Ranger said:

I find the previous two statements laughable and you know why? They're exactly what I expect from ignorant single-minded fools who have no sense of adventure. Me, I'm a risk taker, I've taken drugs, I've had unprotected sex... but you know what? I don't regret a thing because regretting the past is like lying to yourself.
Don't deny yourself anything. I know it's your choice but don't say spiteful crap about it being unexcusable because it's personal choice. Don't bloody preach because all it does is proves that western society is just full of idiots with little to say a way to much sense. Live a little more guys.

They weren't preaching, it's you who is being rude.

Having a sense of adventure is one thing, being able to live with your actions is another. Say you got a girl pregnant. Could you really handle becoming the father of a human being? Say you became addicted to a hard drug. Could you handle the physical and social strains?

People are often quick to talk about how liberated our society is. That's a nonsense. It's not liberated from lack of choice, but lack of responsibility.

My girlfriend and I are 20 and 19 only, and yet we have strong urges to have kids some times. But we don't. We don't because we are not responsible enough yet. Instead, as I said above, we are looking after ourselves, and maybe in a few years we will feel better ready, even if we're not with each other then. If we took drugs, I don't think we'd be in that position at all.

As long as you can justify everything you do and are prepared for the consequences, fine, but so often people think they are and actually find themselves falling short come crunch time. I hope you're not ever in that position.

This reply shows why aids is so rife, not one mention of unprotected sex leading to aids, it's out there guys, look at Africa, and it is a heterosexual disease as well you know

I never said I was proud to of had unprotected sex in fact me and my girlfriend were extremely paranoid about it. It was just something that happened and it's not like I actually climaxed within her anyway (sorry too much detail).
The reason why I'm annoyed is because GS-1719 hasn't even tried it hence why I wrote "Mary Whitehouse = GS-1719", she never experienced anything first personally. How can you judge people when you yourself haven't even tried it? If have and I'm incorrect then you'll know that it's just over-hyped and therefore there is no argument.
Pritch, I know I'm being rude but that's for good reason. I'd rather be rude than preach. I'm agreeing with dsm here, it's personal choice 'nuff said.
Besides, this is a Doom forum? Why the subject of drugs?

I've probably done more drugs than any of you can shake a stick at. And in all my experience I can safely say that they are not as bad as most people make them out to be. The only one that I experienced negative feelings from was LSD and that's because I did it at a time when I was mentally unstable to begin with.

You can do most drugs as long as you do them in moderation, but I never have and never will do heroine through a needle, and I strongly advise everyone else to avoid it. You may think you'll never have to, but you'd be quite surprised what kind of situations you can end up in a few months down the road when you allow drugs into your life.

Since weed is the main idea here, this is what I have to say about it:
It's a blast when you first start getting high. You'll have some great times rolling around on the floor laughing with your friends about nothing in particular.

Then you'll start combining it with various situations and find that it makes them quite interesting (try going to an amusement park or for a walk in a big rain storm!).

Then you'll see what it's like to get high on your own and eventually you'll make some startling realizations while under the influence. It's helped me make some important decisions with my life for sure.

Then you'll really notice the tolerence building up and you'll also start to realize that it just ain't what it used to be.

That's usually the point that people turn to harder drugs, but you don't have to.

Moderation is the key. Don't get stoned every night just because you can. Save for the perfect moment, when it feels just right. You'll know when it's a good time for a smoke. Infact I wish I had some right now, damn.....

I do totally agree with you.

In my opininion drugs (and booze) are here to make good feelings better or to open your mind to other thought patterns than the usual.

Heroin, as far as I heard, only dulls any kind of feeling leaving one in numb bliss. I would rather prefer getting "high" on anger and frustration!

I could never take any drug involving a syringe - the mere thought of putting a needle into one of my blood veins is enough to give me the willies.
I once tried being a blood donor for a limited period - it turned out that I couldn't take it. I tried it three times - they were only successfull at getting blood out of me once and all three times I got terribly dizzy and turned pale white in the face - it was (obviously) worst the two times where they broke off the process before they had got the required amount of blood.
It just didn't work out.

I'd never do a drug that requires so much hassle. Needles don't bother me, I recently had my first tattoo done. The pictures in drawn inspiration from the artwork of HR Giger (for those that know, the infamous Li pictures).

heh, 99% of threads end up about drugs these days. However, this is a poll about weed, so...

pritch said:

heh, 99% of threads end up about drugs these days. However, this is a poll about weed, so...

Not any more, cause orion's gone :P

Bad Luck Ranger said:

Now. that's the preaching I would listen to.
Moderation has anlways been my fisrt rule.

This takes us back to the personal responsibility bit.
In all likelyhood, pretty much anyone can get hold of drugs if they wanted to - but it takes a responsible person to use them in moderation.
I spent nearly 8 hours last night in a rock club, almost constantly drunk. However, this doesn't make me an alcoholic, as it's the first time i've had a drink in two weeks ; it'll be another two weeks at least until i go out/drink again.
The same stands for marijuana. Once or twice every few months, i will spend a nice, chilled evening getting stoned.

As for unprotected sex - hell yeah, every day for the past few months. The reason being, though, that my wife and i want another child :)

That's exactly my opinions too.

But nowadays there are a lot of young people who has a sort of "party culture" that implies having a blast each weekend. Since it's not natural to have a big time each and every weekend they usually (in their failure) resort to get massivly drunk (or stoned or whatever).

So I think that this party-every-weekend thing is responsible for many new alcohol and drug addicts.

Moderation is the key.