Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bunnyreaper

How to make an exit with doomeditor in doom

There are two kinds of simple exits.

The first one is a switch on a wall. To make this, just select the wall you want to use for an exit switch and give it the line special 11.

The second, the walk-over exit, requires that you have a two-sided passable line. Give this line the special 52.

11 = Switch End level
51 = Switch go to secret level
52 = Trigger End level
124 = Trigger go to secret level

There`s also a sector-type which will end the level when your health drops beneath 10% (like in the last level of DOOM Episode 1). I don`t remember the type-number though...

Have fun ending your levels!

BTW, is there a special line/trigger that send's you to super secret level, or do i just use "goto secret level" in the first secret level?

Zro said:

BTW, is there a special line/trigger that send's you to super secret level, or do i just use "goto secret level" in the first secret level?

There are two different secret exit types. One (51) is switch-only and the other (124) is walk-only. I don't know if the level change is determined by which level you exit from (if using either of them in for example MAP15, you go to MAP31) or by type (51 always leads to MAP32 and 124 always leads to MAP31). Try =P

There`s also a sector-type which will end the level when your health drops beneath 10% (like in the last level of DOOM Episode 1). I don`t remember the type-number though...

sector-type: 11

BTW, is there a special line/trigger that send's you to super secret level,

No

or do i just use "goto secret level" in the first secret level?

Yes

I don't know if the level change is determined by which level you exit from (if using either of them in for example MAP15, you go to MAP31) or by type (51 always leads to MAP32 and 124 always leads to MAP31).

If your in level 1-30 type 51 and 124 will always bring you to level 31.
If your in level 31 type 51 and 124 will always bring you to level 32.
If your in level 31 or 32 type 11 and 52 (or sector-type 11) will always bring you back to level 16.

PS don`t forget to put an exit-sign near your exits! (OK so it`s not essential but it`s very irritating not knowing when you`re about to exit a level. Some people like to look around for ammo or health before going to the next level. When using exit-signs the player will always know which switch/ teleporter will end the level.

What's weird, I once tried a secret exit in the first map, and when used, it didn't take me to the secret level but restarted the same map. I don't remember if that was DOOM or DOOM2 though.

Doom2 secret levels:
1st secret level, 31, is tied only to level 15. 2nd secret level is accessed only from map 31. When you finish map 32 it takes you back to level 16.