Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Innocence: The New Technology v1.2 [Released]

Recommended Posts

Team DIS (Demonic Integrated Software) Presents:


THE NEW TECHNOLOGY
A 9 Level Wad for DooM II.

Short Intro

The Long overdue Innocence: The New Technology Beta is here.
This started as a failed community project that now became a more team oriented project.

Team DIS consists of Me, Jimmy, PRIMEVAL and Blindspot Software.




Idgames: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/g-i/itnt
Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?21sh6bcfhrs8tcc

Here are some screenshots!











Thank You.

Share this post


Link to post

The night imp (and its fireball) could use better graphic work. It is pretty degraded compared to the normal imp and it doesn't look like it belongs in Doom. I'd also consider other changes beyond the fireball doing 33% more damage -- like removing alert or pain noises, which seems thematically consistent with the concept of a "night imp".

Share this post


Link to post
rdwpa said:

The night imp (and its fireball) could use better graphic work. It is pretty degraded compared to the normal imp and it doesn't look like it belongs in Doom. I'd also consider other changes beyond the fireball doing 33% more damage -- like removing alert or pain noises, which seems thematically consistent with the concept of a "night imp".


Well the Nightmare Imp is taken from the style of the Nightmare Specter from PSX DooM i.e. the inverted colors. The Nightmare imp's characteristic in terms of damage comes from DooM 64's Nightmare imp. I wanted to bring that monster into the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Du Mhan Yhu said:

Is this planned to be a full 32 or will it stay at 9 maps?


It's Just a short 9 map wad

Salt-Man Z said:

Cool! I enjoyed the other 3 Innocence episodes; looking forward to giving this one a try. (Perhaps this weekend.)


Cool, Thanks :)

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, I finally downloaded it tonight and have played the first three maps (UV/GZDoom/continuous/keyboard-only) and I'm loving it so far. I've gotten 100% kills/items/secrets at 10 minutes per map, and it's been a blast. Just a few notes thus far:

  • In MAP02, when you get to that first mud pit, and you have to turn around the right corner and take the lift up to the rest of the map? That lift I think could be made to stand out a little more: it's just way too easy to miss flush up against the wall like that. Maybe have it stick out from the wall a little?
  • And that gooey slime/jelly texture around the corner island in said mud pit? Gross. And disturbing. Very cool.
  • In MAP03 when the hall of blood suddenly filled up, I was shocked! (Very cool effect, though.) However, it took me a while to figure out that I had to "swim" up to get out. It was only afterward that I discovered jumping was disabled but swimming wasn't. (I didn't know you could do that!) Unless there's other instances of swimming later on, maybe consider cutting its necessity from this map. (Maybe make some stairs raise up to the exit teleporter once the hall's flooded?)
  • The only bonafide bug I found: the red key door in MAP03 has one doortrack unpegged, one not.
  • Oh yeah, and the MAP03 music rocks.
  • And I still love the nightmare imp as-is. :)
Please tell you have moar Innocence maps planned after this. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Salt-Man Z said:

Okay, I finally downloaded it tonight and have played the first three maps (UV/GZDoom/continuous/keyboard-only) and I'm loving it so far. I've gotten 100% kills/items/secrets at 10 minutes per map, and it's been a blast. Just a few notes thus far:

  • In MAP02, when you get to that first mud pit, and you have to turn around the right corner and take the lift up to the rest of the map? That lift I think could be made to stand out a little more: it's just way too easy to miss flush up against the wall like that. Maybe have it stick out from the wall a little?
  • And that gooey slime/jelly texture around the corner island in said mud pit? Gross. And disturbing. Very cool.
  • In MAP03 when the hall of blood suddenly filled up, I was shocked! (Very cool effect, though.) However, it took me a while to figure out that I had to "swim" up to get out. It was only afterward that I discovered jumping was disabled but swimming wasn't. (I didn't know you could do that!) Unless there's other instances of swimming later on, maybe consider cutting its necessity from this map. (Maybe make some stairs raise up to the exit teleporter once the hall's flooded?)
  • The only bonafide bug I found: the red key door in MAP03 has one doortrack unpegged, one not.
  • Oh yeah, and the MAP03 music rocks.
  • And I still love the nightmare imp as-is. :)
Please tell you have moar Innocence maps planned after this. :)


Thanks for the feedback.

I'll see what I can do with the list in map02 to make it standout.
Also I did not see that unpegged doortrack in Map 3, that will be fixed.

I'm not confirming anything, but I was working an Innocence 64, Let's see what happens with that.

Thanks again for playing.

Share this post


Link to post

Beta version 3 out.

- Fixed the Unpegging on the doortrack on Map 03.
- Minor re-texturing and re mapping on Map 02.
- Some re-balancing in secret Map 09.

Share this post


Link to post

The MAP02 lift fix looks good.

I finished this up tonight. Fun stuff! MAP07 in particular was brilliant. And the MAP08 boss... :D

Bug-wise, I think the only thing I found was a minor texture misalignment all up and down this stairway/hall in MAP06:

Spoiler

I got 100% everything again; though the final secret of MAP05 I had to IDDT see where it was. Very subtle. Everything else, though, I managed to find all by my lonesome. I did discover that I missed the secret exit on MAP03, even though I got 100% secrets. Was that intentional? I was using 100% secrets as my cue that I hadn't missed the secret exit. I did IDDT in MAP03 to find the secret exit, but I still have no idea how to get there, even though I found the (?) switch. So I IDCLEVed to MAP09 and played that; what's with the "key not available in single player" message? Anyway, no complaints. MAP08 was probably a little too easy (just run in a circle and let infighting do the heavy lifting) but that'll probably bug other (better) players more than it did me.

Anyway, congrats! I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next installment! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Salt-Man Z said:

The MAP02 lift fix looks good.

I finished this up tonight. Fun stuff! MAP07 in particular was brilliant. And the MAP08 boss... :D

I got 100% everything again; though the final secret of MAP05 I had to IDDT see where it was. Very subtle. Everything else, though, I managed to find all by my lonesome. I did discover that I missed the secret exit on MAP03, even though I got 100% secrets. Was that intentional? I was using 100% secrets as my cue that I hadn't missed the secret exit. I did IDDT in MAP03 to find the secret exit, but I still have no idea how to get there, even though I found the (?) switch. So I IDCLEVed to MAP09 and played that; what's with the "key not available in single player" message? Anyway, no complaints. MAP08 was probably a little too easy (just run in a circle and let infighting do the heavy lifting) but that'll probably bug other (better) players more than it did me.

Anyway, congrats! I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next installment! :D


Thank you for the feedback.

The lack of a secret tag for the secret exit was not intentional. I'll get that fixed.
To open the secret exit you need to get ther by shooting a switch in the wall in the lava area with the lost souls.

and "the key not available in single player" is a reference to the fact that Team TNT did not put (or mis-taged) a yellow key in one of the secret levels in TNT: Evilution.

again, Thank you for playing, your feedback will be noted. :)

Share this post


Link to post
jazzmaster9 said:

To open the secret exit you need to get ther by shooting a switch in the wall in the lava area with the lost souls.

Yep, I did that. I have no idea what that switch did, though.

jazzmaster9 said:

and "the key not available in single player" is a reference to the fact that Team TNT did not put (or mis-taged) a yellow key in one of the secret levels in TNT: Evilution.

Oh, shoot, yeah. Ha-ha! That's great. I can't believe I didn't catch that. It's got the Egyptian theme and everything. :D

Share this post


Link to post

Got through all 4 wads of innocence today.

You need to do something with that final level, it's just a letdown compared to map 7 which was incredibly high quality.

Very enjoyable experience overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Dime said:

Got through all 4 wads of innocence today.

You need to do something with that final level, it's just a letdown compared to map 7 which was incredibly high quality.

Very enjoyable experience overall.


I'll see what I can do with Map 08, I've been thinking of making Another final level, but i'm not sure what concept i'll do.

Thanks for playing :)

Share this post


Link to post

Apologies for the lack of updates.
just some IRL stuff that's needed to be done.
Tank Command II is also taking most of my Dev time, but I assure you Innocence: TNT is still alive.

Keep those feedback coming!

Share this post


Link to post

Interesting mix of map formats. Doom, Hexen, UDMF. You should tell in the OP that it requires ZDoom; it's not obvious from the screenshots.

A bit disappointed that a project involving Jimmy and PRIMEVAL doesn't have more custom music -- or for that matter, any sort of music credit in the text file. (Yes, most of the soundtrack is instantly recognizable from TNT: Evilution. Then there's Pyrarinth from Plutonia 2. But the MAP03 and MAP07 songs, I don't know.)

I'll try to actually play the levels later.

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

Interesting mix of map formats. Doom, Hexen, UDMF.


This was a byproduct of the fact that some of the maps came from projects that I've abandoned in favor of Innocence: TNT.

Gez said:

bit disappointed that a project involving Jimmy and PRIMEVAL doesn't have more custom music -- or for that matter, any sort of music credit in the text file. (Yes, most of the soundtrack is instantly recognizable from TNT: Evilution. Then there's Pyrarinth from Plutonia 2. But the MAP03 and MAP07 songs, I don't know.)


I wanted to keep most of the TNT music intact. Jimmy and PRIMEVAL are currently busy with other stuff so I didn't want to bother them in making custom music. But I am considering replacing some of the music with custom ones.

Share this post


Link to post
EffinghamHuffnagel said:

So there were no changes since Beta 4? Because Beta 4 is what the updated Mediafire link in the OP downloads.


Very Minor changes, like misaligned texturing. Gameplay and maps are basically the same.

Share this post


Link to post

Way to go! You know, in looking through my Innocence sub-folder of my idgames folder, I count four mapsets with a total of 27 maps. This last one has the most custom textures in it, though most are from Plutonia. All the new monsters are DECORATEd. So I'll ask the obvious question. One more five level mapset and you'd have an episode-based Doom2 megawad. Is that where you're headed with this?

Share this post


Link to post
EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Way to go! You know, in looking through my Innocence sub-folder of my idgames folder, I count four mapsets with a total of 27 maps. This last one has the most custom textures in it, though most are from Plutonia. All the new monsters are DECORATEd. So I'll ask the obvious question. One more five level mapset and you'd have an episode-based Doom2 megawad. Is that where you're headed with this?


I was going to do an Ultimate Innocence wad with Innocence 1-3 in an episodic form + a new episode.

I scrapped that and did this instead. But you'll never know, I might resurrect the idea in the future.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, there's always "Deimos: Fallen Citadel". That was five maps. I suppose that could fit as a "Prelude to Innocence" chapter.

Edit: Or I'll just leave you alone to plan an epic five-level ending-chapter mapset to tie the series together and go back and enjoy what you've already done by playing all four of them in a row. After I get some sleep.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't know if I'm wrong, but I cannot get the map 01 blue key.
The switch at the blue key has a tag of 0. The blue key platform cannot come down, so can you fix it? I am playing with -cl9 on PrBoom+.

Share this post


Link to post
MD922 said:

I don't know if I'm wrong, but I cannot get the map 01 blue key.
The switch at the blue key has a tag of 0. The blue key platform cannot come down, so can you fix it? I am playing with -cl9 on PrBoom+.


This mapset is for Zdoom. It's in the text file.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×