Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMD

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 16 - The Ride Never Ends!

Link to last months session

Hi everybody! I got put in charge of these things now and I plan to run alerts as to when they start in a similar way. As such I will try to post the timing details as close to the first of the month as I can.
I will also be dealing with times purely GMT, because math is hard. (So is Daylight Savings Time) Additionally, I will probably not be sticking to a "regular time" because ASS has become a nearly worldwide thing, so I will try to shift the start time around from session to session so we can accommodate most of the world. Either something will work for everybody and stick, or I will keep moving it around by a few hours each month to get everybody in the States, Europe, and Oceania.

In any case, this months session will be held at 23:00 GMT on March 21, 2015. I will also be trying to keep these sessions to the third Saturday of each month (Sunday following the third Saturday for people after midnight). While Daylight Savings time is bound to screw this up, I will repost to clarify when there is one week and when there are 24 hours left until the session starts.

If I am not mistaken, with time conversions and Daylight Savings time, we should have this:

7 PM US Eastern time, 6 PM Central. on March 21
12 Midnight for Most of Europe land. March 22
9 AM for Eastern Australia. March 22

Regulars and those interested, let me know about this time scheme. It is definitely subject to change with reason. And probably WILL wind up shifting a few hours, because this is kind of inconvenient for everybody. In any case, all of you please post your ideal times for consideration for future sessions...or if you just want to stick to the normal time.

Things will will be conducted on Skype and posts will still exists on The Abyss My Skype name is mionicdonut.

Lets see if I dont screw everything up :D
-TMD

I live in Europe. My ideal start time is anytime between 8:00 - 21:00 GMT. I'm willing / able to accustomize to later times only sometimes.

ooh yeah!

Also a better time than 2 AM or some other crazy time, i'm ok with this hour actually....

A new dawn, a new ASS, a new opportunity to overstep my boundaries. The ride never ends!

Alfonzo said:

A new dawn, a new ASS, a new opportunity to overstep my boundaries. The ride never ends!

a new opportunity to not spend four hours on a map

AD_79 said:

a new opportunity to not spend four hours on a map

Speaking of which!

I have a few new policies/procedures that I am implementing for future ASSes, regarding overtime.

The Alfonzo Treatment [TM] will still be honored as an Abyssal Tradition, as will the 15 minute "bugtesting" time for that. However, once we have gone over that 3 hour 15 minute mark, maps will no longer be placed in the compilation wad for that session.

However, I will be introducing a sort of overflow wad for maps that take too much time. When the Alfonzo threshold is reached, I will start compiling the wad for various streamers to play through that evening with minimal surprises. Anything that gets submitted after that will go into a separate file. Once enough maps are compiled over the months, those levels will be released as its own entity. Probably at the end of the calendar year or something. Alfonzo's map from session 15 is more than welcome to be the inaugural entry for this.

TheMionicDonut said:

I have a few new policies/procedures that I am implementing for future ASSes,

You didn't mention the initial preparation time, or what exactly is the scenario for people mapping off Skype. Maybe you would write up the complete rules clearly in the OP, for people who never heard about the sessions or who forgot the basic principles.

I intend to have procedures and rules posted at some point before the one week left milestone. I plan to comprehensively and meticulously plan out how the sessions will work and post my rules in one fell swoop, instead of updating it a hundred times between now and the session.

Wish I could say the same for my maps.

I've missed out on a bunch of these sessions, but will try to tag along again this time. Speedmapping's always been good fun. Will try to persuade a few friends to join, too.

AdamAK said:

I've missed out on a bunch of these sessions, but will try to tag along again this time. Speedmapping's always been good fun. Will try to persuade a few friends to join, too.

';,,;'

Hell yes.

One week remains.

Disregard the false version of this wad circulating elsewhere.

Oh wow, seriously? I'm actually kind of curious as to what those idiots tried to pull with it, but it looks like the links were taken down. Anyone have a copy they could PM me?

Heh, all it does is play obnoxious noises and screw with your settings: there's not even any levels in it. You're not missing out guys. X-D

joe-ilya said:

Making this session at 30th would be cool, as it's my birthday that day after all.

Move your birthday to a Saturday and we will talk.