Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_Trooper

Carb0n Doom MAP01 (UPDATE)

Unofficially titled "Carb0n Doom", MAP01: Death Ring 2
Made by Christopher L Wiebold (C.wiebold@live.com)

(UPDATE!)
If you would like to try this map, I have uploaded it to my server at
http://cwiebold.comeze.com/wads/carb0n_doom_map01_02.zip
Also, the map is even sweeter with Supergun2.wad added!

This map is designed to be both a Cooperative and DeathMatch.
Monster Total: 1657

More maps coming.

The screens look pretty decent, but looking at the bottom two and seeing how many monsters are crammed in there, I kinda feel like there shouldn't be monsters jammed in like that, instead replaced with some more clever and interesting monster placement.

Well, it is mid-game. First there's the easy monsters, then the hard monsters, then the cybies come out. The coop aspect wasn't designed for the faint of heart. This is no cake-walk ladies and gentlemen.

Doom_Trooper said:

Well, it is mid-game. First there's the easy monsters, then the hard monsters, then the cybies come out. The coop aspect wasn't designed for the faint of heart. This is no cake-walk ladies and gentlemen.

so, what you have told us from that, it's a slaughtermap isn't it?

Cool screenshots, I really like your usage of the textures. It's a shame that the gameplay (as you describe it) won't be my cup of tea at all.

Awesome, one of the Drown in Blood guys pays a tribute to Toke I guess? I see a lot of Coopbuildlm inspiration in your architecture. Very cool, looking forward to seeing this on a server.

scifista42 said:

Cool screenshots, I really like your usage of the textures. It's a shame that the gameplay (as you describe it) won't be my cup of tea at all.

Sorry to say I'm with sci. I like to think maps can be hard in ways other than having a lot of monsters.

Looks cool, although IDK if I'd wanna play DM on it :P

I'd like to see a modern AK_01\Doom_Trooper\TimeOfDeath collab mapset :)

I appreciate everyone's input :) Hope everyone likes what they see so far. I updated the post with a link to the wad so people may give it a try. I also have a server running this on ZDaemon. I hope to get a permanent server for testing, currently I only have my home pc to run a server on.