Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andwan0

[RIP] NewDoom.com has been hijacked! By Heretic & Hexen

Graf Zahl said:

newdoom.com has been dead for years. Apparently someone finally pulled the plug now.

Can't be! I mean... I remember using newdoom.com forums a few months ago & got replies. (I didn't check the main site, I only just used the forums).

Edit: Just tried it again and now that does redirect to the FB page too, how very odd.

It doesn't redirect to the facebook page if you use on the front but it does go to the "Problem loading page" page.

Strange redirect, unless it's hinting at a new Heretic/HeXen game!! Oh, and something about NewDoom, too. All of our classic game forums are getting ready for the end.

andwan0 said:

Can't be! I mean... I remember using newdoom.com forums a few months ago & got replies. (I didn't check the main site, I only just used the forums).

There was some minor residual activity left but for all intents and purposes there was no life in that forum anymore.

It was only a matter of time until the plug was finally pulled.

Hiya!

Yeah, I remember checking out NewDoom.com once or twice a month. Mainly because there seemed to be a lot of "this is my WIP" type posts where people showed off screen shots of their maps. Also, it had a lot of Heretic and Hexen stuff compared to Doomworld (which seems to be very heavily leaning towards DOOM 1/2).

Oh, and one of the mappers who was always on there was a guy who went by the name of "DutchDevil". His screen shots of his maps were FRICKIN' AMAZING!! I *think* I've seen him on Realm667 of late, but I'm not sure....have to go check.

I hate the fact NewDoom is on Facebook. I'm not on Facebook. Er, wait...actually "I" am. After this, I created a fake Facebook profile (my name is "Noh Thankz"...wonder how long it will take for them to delete it...) just to see. Needless to say, I was not impressed. The FB page just outright sucks. There's nothing there and has the aire of "incompetent fanboi" oozing from it. Bleeachh!

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Dutch Devil is still around here. I saw him posting on pcorf's 2048 project, showing interest in making a map for it.

Another one bites the dust. RIP NewDoom.

Clonehunter said:

Strange redirect, unless it's hinting at a new Heretic/HeXen game!!

I see nothing strange. Newdoom.com and ravengames.com (amongst others) were both part of the Mindless Games & Entertainment network, which I think was Phoebus' plaything.

darknation said:

good. Place was a fucking colostomy bag anyway.

dafuq is that supposed to mean? Why?

VGA said:

dafuq is that supposed to mean? Why?

Because you couldn't even spit down without sucking Phoebus' cheesy, wrinkled dick (and paying him $1000 on top of that) first, that's why.

Phoebus turned into a self-absorbed dimwit, stopped updating the main news page and has the gall to try and make money off his forums by placing absurd restrictions on free accounts. I feel bad for the poor souls being the remnants on what used to be a secondary general Doom forum to some.

I used to be there under my old name almost as long as being here but I left before shit hit the fan.

More like suicide than a hijacking.

We can only guess they weren't too excited about DOOM 4 as the new DOOM game.