Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MetroidJunkie

Any possibility of changing the player's class each level?

I'm working on a project where the player becomes a different creature in each level and must adapt to that specific creature's environment and survive as it but I'm having difficulty finding a way to change the actual class with each level in an automatic manner. I could probably get by simply changing the player's weapons to simulate the creature but I'd rather be able to change the character's third person avatar and traits for the duration of the specific level which, to my knowledge, can only fully be done with player classes. It's meant for GZDoom, due to use of 3D models and ACS/Decorate. I'm aware that there isn't technically support for this but is there some kind of workaround?

MetroidJunkie said:

I'd rather be able to change the character's third person avatar and traits for the duration of the specific level which, to my knowledge, can only fully be done with player classes.

It can be fully done with state jumps according to dummy inventory items, given to the player through ACS. Even his traits (such as running speed) can be changed through custom powerup items (even "permanently", if you want), or through ACS.

MetroidJunkie said:

but is there some kind of workaround?

Yes - Morphing.