Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Avoozl

Pregnant Woman attacked with baseball bat and knife

Looking at this site its all horrifically tragic stories. Man walks 35 miles each day to work to provide for his sick wife. Before and after photos of a night of jagerbombs lands her in the hospital. Teacher kills herself after being bullied by other teachers.

I need to see a second source on this story before I believe a Wordpress site. I'm sorry. Its like how there was a pregnant woman stabbed over an XBox One story that turned out to be fiction. I'm not saying these things can't happen, I'm just questioning such a lowly source.

Thank you for changing the source. Its just difficult trusting the first source. Like a man covered in shit is telling me there's a rapist on the loose.

I'm sure the 5 people that broke in didn't care if she was in labor. People will say anything to get out of being robbed.

If you want to go a different angle, it could have been her ex boyfriend / baby's real daddy not wanting her to have the kid so he arranged it. If not her partner who didn't want the baby, but that's wild speculation from someone that's bored with life and needs juicy drama like this.

Random violence happens to everyone, pregnant women included. They could have known she was pregnant and that's why they targeted her. They didn't need to injure her, they could have just got everything and heated out the door.

RUSH said:

We must sign a bill to ban baseball bats.

Golf did.

geo said:
I need to see a second source on this story before I believe a Wordpress site. I'm sorry. Its like how there was a pregnant woman stabbed over an XBox One story that turned out to be fiction.

It's like how there was a country that had WMDs that could terribly threaten another that was then eager to attack it and it turned out to be fiction. There's nothing wrong with people doubting yellow media (on http://metro.co.uk/news/), but it certainly wouldn't hurt if they also started checking sources for far more powerful and dangerous liars or manipulators.

Avoozl said:
I'm probably terrible and finding good sources but I changed the source.

Adding sources is better than changing them, so people have a broader view and can make up their minds. Otherwise, the second might end up being less true than the first, appearances notwithstanding.

I've found a few fictional stories here in Doomworld. Hearing that Wayne Knight died appeared here too and turned out to be false. Heck the first time Robin Williams died turned out to be false. I've also doubted stories and been proven wrong.

On Facebook I always need to doubt stories that idiots post. Stuff like "20 people die in horrific roller coaster crash." Where you the click on it and need to enter your Facebook password, because its a trap.

Jaxxoon R said:

The Batter's up to his old tricks again. He must be stopped, else we all be purified.

Did anyone see if it was a gold bat?

the thing which always amuses me in such cases (both fictional or real) is the entire woman this and woman that ordeal. all i care for is the following ; One human does something with, or to, another human.

FireFish said:
the thing which always amuses me in such cases (both fictional or real) is the entire woman this and woman that ordeal. all i care for is the following ; One human does something with, or to, another human.

In many places women are particularly subject to domestic violence, and you can't deal with that issue without an awareness of it, such as with media coverage, systematic support for abused women and even legal classifications like femicide.

Collecting correct data on femicide is challenging, largely because in most countries, police and medical data-collection systems that document cases of homicide often do not have the necessary information or do not report the victim–perpetrator relationship or the motives for the homicide, let alone gender-related motivations for murder (4–6). However, data on the nature and prevalence of femicide are increasing worldwide, illustrated by the following findings from the literature.

Pretty vile thing to do. Though I have a feeling they'll be brought to justice sooner or later. Sounds like the baby's ok too thankfully, the title made me think the attack happened to her in early pregnancy, making me think the baby (if it survived) would come out scarred and deformed.

Jaxxoon R said:

The Batter's up to his old tricks again. He must be stopped, else we all be purified.

Damn, should have kept my old avatar for a bit longer.

Spoiler

And does anyone know how to get the game to run in fullscreen without it looking like ass? I tried a few things but I'm just using the magnifier tool for now.

Likely not the case here, but it sounds like the kind of stuff middle eastern or center-north african terrorists would do all the time.

Coopersville said:

Title gave me the impression that this was the work of a poltergeist.

Yeah... I thought the same thing. I was very disappointed to discover that TC should have said "attacked with", instead of getting my hopes up for a Ghostbusters story.

I do not feel much about this, the child was not mine, I would prefer, if all women would reproduce only with me, so that my genes are dominant. Who cares about other guys? Not me. Is that not a way how everyone thinks?
I understand that this is terrible breach of laws and those people in the gang should be terminated, because they are dangerous and I do not want such people on my planet.

Nothing surprises me anymore. I'm desensitized to the bullshit. Every time I read something like this, I just try and convince myself "most people aren't like that" and "I'm lucky to be alive".

I feel bad for that woman, would have been a very traumatic experience for her. Hope the baby doesn't suffer development issues as a result.

Sokoro said:

I would prefer, if all women would reproduce only with me, so that my genes are dominant.

So basically you want to be Sir Galahad from Monty Python? Castle Anthrax at 0:35

Avoozl said:

Jesus fucking Christ, some people can be relentlessly evil.

I know. People who commit crimes like this don't deserve to live in my opinion.

Sokoro said:

I do not feel much about this, the child was not mine, I would prefer, if all women would reproduce only with me, so that my genes are dominant. Who cares about other guys? Not me. Is that not a way how everyone thinks?
I understand that this is terrible breach of laws and those people in the gang should be terminated, because they are dangerous and I do not want such people on my planet.

This is, in every possible way, the most entertaining thing I have ever read.

Megalyth said:

This is, in every possible way, the most entertaining thing I have ever read.

Why is it funny?