Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angry Saint

Black Magnetic (released)

Very nice level design. Liked most moments of it.

Only two things that bothered me are the enemies (ex. those three machine gunners in front of the "hanger door" killed me 3 times on a difficulty of 3) and the overuse of Realm667 things.

Picture for the example:

EDIT: Oh yeah, and:

Tylerisepic1 said:

Very nice level design. Liked most moments of it.

Only two things that bothered me are the enemies (ex. those three machine gunners in front of the "hanger door" killed me 3 times on a difficulty of 3) and the overuse of Realm667 things.

Thanks for your fast feedback!

I used the Realm667 monsters because I wanted to use only new monsters. As it is a kind of tech base I used mainly soldiers, with hitscan weapons.

So probably the gameplay is different from the original Doom.

Angry Saint said:

Thanks for your fast feedback!

I used the Realm667 monsters because I wanted to use only new monsters. As it is a kind of tech base I used mainly soldiers, with hitscan weapons.

So probably the gameplay is different from the original Doom.

Keep doing what you're doing. I like it.

zinkai said:

Looks nice can't wait to finish my 4 days work an have a whirl

Please remember to return here and let me know your opinion!

This was a great level. The design was clearly well thought out, and the enemies were definitely challenging.

However, there were many, MANY times where I felt underpowered with the given arsenal, and I twice found myself saying "now this isn't fair!"; once during the fight after getting the Yellow Card, and the fight with the Cyber Barons.

This is possibly because of my "run-and-gun" style of play, and I'm not really one to hide from enemies, so this was a surprising change of pace.