• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tracer

Help with sky textures

Doombuilder 2
Zdoom (Doom in Doom Format)

For some reason, only F_SKY will work properly. Any other sky texture I select just acts like a normal ceiling texture. Help please!

That's right. F_SKY is the only texture supposed to create a sky effect. The displayed sky texture is either a hardcoded default one, or you can define it in MAPINFO if you're mapping for ZDoom or derived ports. If you want multiple sky textures inside one map, you have to use linedef actions "transfer sky texture" with a specific tag.

Another newb question...where do I need to go to make these changes?

I can't locate the map info area.

You can't edit MAPINFO in a map editor. You need a wad content editor like SLADE3. Create a new text-based lump inside your wad and name it MAPINFO, and simply write the proper map definition in it.

scifista42 said:

You can't edit MAPINFO in a map editor. You need a wad content editor like SLADE3. Create a new text-based lump inside your wad and name it MAPINFO, and simply write the proper map definition in it.

Just a nitpick point, you don't need a WAD editor to create a MAPINFO lump because it's just a text file. If you plan on putting it inside a WAD, then you'll need a WAD lump manager but if you plan on using a zip/pk3 then you don't need a lump/WAD manager for that either; just something that can create zip files, such as Windows Explorer.

Of course, for many users much of the time a lump manager is the way to go and Slade really is the editor of choice.

Oh, and...

http://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO

If your mod targets modern ZDoom and derivatives, and no unrelated ports, you should look into using UDMF format instead of Doom format. Far less limited.