Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Superluigieth1

Hotline Miami 2 is banned (i think) in Australia

I loved the first one, even own it on two platforms, PSN and Steam. Its awesome and will always be. Its got intensity and strategy that other dual stick shooters don't have.

Everything about the first game was fantastic, to the point where I'm not excited about the sequel because the first game ended perfectly.

I've heard about this before, but I think it's odd that the devs are fine about Australians pirating their game.

Hotline Miami 1 made news too with the developers open attitude towards piracy. Even going as far as offering technical support to people pirating the game. The motivation they gave was that they just wanted people playing the game and not to get a bad impression from it.

I've always said they need to replace the red blood with blue water. Squirt gun fight! Hotline Miami: Soaked!

geo said:

I've always said they need to replace the red blood with blue water. Squirt gun fight! Hotline Miami: Soaked!

It would be funny if they did just that and called it Hotline Miami: Pussy Edition and marketed it towards countries who banned their original version. Kind of a fuck you to them.

Breezeep said:

I've heard about this before, but I think it's odd that the devs are fine about Australians pirating their game.

They've most likely got their money back from making the game or close to it anyway due to it's popularity so why not.
And yeah, they just want everyone to get the chance to play it.

Technician said:

It would be funny if they did just that and called it Hotline Miami: Pussy Edition and marketed it towards countries who banned their original version. Kind of a fuck you to them.

I doubt that would work, since it's the pussy abuse that upset our censors.

Boy you sure are mad about a game being banned in a country you don't live in but I'm sure my oppressive government will change it's tune if you keep whining about how tough it is being white.

Technician said:

Fine, Hotline Miami: Die CIS White Males. Now it will win an award.

What got your panties in a twist this time?

Mr. Freeze said:

What got your panties in a twist this time?

I'm just egging the captain on. I'm shocked the Australian equates Brit remark didn't trigger him.

You've somehow confused me for a yank with a tumblr account.

Hey did you know we actually put becoming a republic up for vote and it was voted down?

Captain Red said:

This might be the first genuinely good game has gotten banned here.

+

Captain Red said:

Boy you sure are mad about a game being banned in a country you don't live in but I'm sure my oppressive government will change it's tune if you keep whining about how tough it is being white.

=

?????

2edgy4me, arrow in the knee.

I think I get it. You browse Doomworld on a mobile phone so you see only one or two posts at a time, and you suffered from a tragic accident in which some maniac hit you in the face with a Polaroid, since then you forget everything that happened the day before.

It's the only sensible explanation for this thing of yours when you do X² then blame someone else for doing X as if nobody could scroll up and see your previous post.

Banning games is just hilarious, its even more hilarious than it was 20 years ago. Turkey also banned minecraft because of violence, let me laugh even harder

Phml said:

X and this case being... What? Lamenting Hotline Miami 2 being banned?
When I said "This might be the first genuinely good game has gotten banned here." I was actually trying to give some perspective for this thread since we've gotten a reputation for being run by censorship happy jackbooted fascists. While on paper the government rating system is crummy (hence I was one of the people who wrote to my member for an R18+ rating for games) in practice it usually only stops the odd "BMX XXX" title or makes a developer cut a gratuitous sodomy joke.

A full game being %100 outright banned like this is actually quite rare. If I've given the impression I'm actually frustrated about it, well, I apologize, since the inconvenience to me personally is negligible. Even putting aside the developers comments about piracy, I could probably grab a legitimate copy. I mean, I'd still rather it wasn't banned.

My problem with Technicians little jabs is that they seem to be aimed and a whole bunch of people* who, love 'em or hate 'em, really aren't connected to the decision to ban this game.

*Other then the Australian government it's self obviously.

Phml said:

I think I get it. You browse Doomworld on a mobile phone so you see only one or two posts at a time, and you suffered from a tragic accident in which some maniac hit you in the face with a Polaroid, since then you forget everything that happened the day before.

It's the only sensible explanation for this thing of yours when you do X² then blame someone else for doing X as if nobody could scroll up and see your previous post.

I don't get it. Does Red's first post translate to something stupid in French?

Ragnor said:

Its not being sold in New Zealand either

I'm in NZ, I had no trouble buying on steam.

Not everyone buys on Steam, which might be part of the problem if other online retailers have different ways of applying IP range bans, choice of ISP could also be a factor.