Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tracer

Problem with Nazis in ZDoom (Brutal Doom Only)

I want to recreate the theater from Inglorious Basterds in doombuilder 2. This requires Nazis, obviously.

ANYHOW

I am a fan of Brutal Doom. The Nazis in Brutal Doom are cooler. They wear black like true SS soldiers, and instead of just yelling out "Gestapo!", they shout German orders at you, in true German, with German accents.

My problem is that when I add Nazis in my maps and use Brutal Doom, the Nazi's don't become the epic Nazis I'm used to seeing in Brutal Doom...they stay the same cartoonish looking Blue Nazis.

Has anybody encountered this problem and found a solution?

They probably aren't replacing the Nazi enemy, they are a new enemy added with DECORATE. You need to look at the DECORATE and find out their id. I think if you load Brutal Doom in DoomBuilder they will show up in the DECORATE category when adding things.

rdwpa said:

I can't help you with this problem, but please post the finished product when you get it working -- it seems like an interesting idea.

Also :D

If you want to do it in DB2, it's as simple as changing the bg image of your grid.

Hahahaha that was great.

Yes, I definitely will post the finished product.

I'd like to get a MIDI version of the music that plays in the movie when Hans Landa walks into the restaurant to add to the map. I've always loved that track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJodkaMiYrE

Well, I added gzdoom.pk3 to the resources and found a plethora of new items at my disposal...however, I can't test the maps now. This keep popping up.

Any ideas?

Why did you add that? Add the Brutal Doom pk3 so its DECORATE gets loaded.

VGA said:

Why did you add that? Add the Brutal Doom pk3 so its DECORATE gets loaded.

If I don't add the gzdoom.pk3, there is no DECORATE listed.

Gzdoom.pk3 has nothing to do with Brutal Doom actors. Gzdoom.pk3 is GZDoom's special file that contains basic definitions, port specific content etc. As you can see, GZDoom doesn't withstand when you try to run it as a PWAD. So remove it. Add the BD .pk3. If it doesn't show DECORATE in your map editor, look into Brutal Doom's .pk3 file in SLADE3, find the DECORATE definitions of your desired Nazi actors, remember their actor numbers, and then put things with these numbers into your map in a map editor.

rdwpa said:

If you want to do it in DB2, it's as simple as changing the bg image of your grid.

This is a work of art. Thank you for creating this.

TraceOfSpades said:

If I don't add the gzdoom.pk3, there is no DECORATE listed.

Brutal Doom aside (do as scifista said for that), if you do want to tinker around with the stuff in gzdoom.pk3, just make sure you add it properly as a resource file in Game Configurations, then check the "exclude this resource from testing parameters" box in the resource options page. That way you can use it in the editor, and it won't try to load it twice when testing your map.

Not that there's a lot of useful stuff in there. You can do this with other port-specific files like lights.pk3 too, if you really want.