Tracer

Do you think pinkies are cute?

This wad was....  

18 members have voted

1. 1. This wad was....

• Awesome
    • Slightly more awesome
    • Too awesome
    • Dude, it was so awesome that I can't even have children anymore.

Eris Falling said:

was cunt too extreme a word

Eh, I suspected that some people might be over sensitive and complain or something. Figured I'd just avoid that.

Was able to complete (kill all 2,000 pinkies) in ~6 mins without mouselook or anything that would allow rocket jumps.

It's way too easy: you can get the RL, make one pass emptying the gun and kill 100-150 pinkies, refill the ammo, stand in the corner and fire 80 shots and kill another 100+, luring them into that corner, and then run and clear the BFG pillar when they are too far away, and grab the BFG and stand there and hold fire while standing on the pile of cells and auto-reloading, while surfing Doomworld on your other comp, looking at the threads you recently posted in that have new replies, wondering when you're going to get started on your next map, because you have a cool idea but don't know if you can execute it well, and wondering what you're going to eat for dinner, happy you used -nomusic by default so d_runnin wouldn't play -- occasionally moving back and forth the bare minimum to reload until almost all of them are dead . . . and then run out and get the rest.

They basically can never flank you unless you try to get past them at a silly time.

You should put about 50 unkillable revenants somewhere to make the BFG platform uncampable (or, okay, maybe just a monster walk-over line that lowers the platform, even if that'll make grabbing the BFG easier the first time) and increase the number of pinkies by at least 1,000 and maybe make the two long lines of the rectangle ~12000 map units instead of 17408.

rdwpa said:

Was able to complete (kill all 2,000 pinkies) in ~6 mins without mouselook or anything that would allow rocket jumps.

It's way too easy: you can get the RL, make one pass emptying the gun and kill 100-150 pinkies, refill the ammo, stand in the corner and fire 80 shots and kill another 100+, luring them into that corner, and then run and clear the BFG pillar when they are too far away, and grab the BFG and stand there and hold fire while standing on the pile of cells and auto-reloading, while surfing Doomworld on your other comp, looking at the threads you recently posted in that have new replies, wondering when you're going to get started on your next map, because you have a cool idea but don't know if you can execute it well, and wondering what you're going to eat for dinner, happy you used -nomusic by default so d_runnin wouldn't play -- occasionally moving back and forth the bare minimum to reload until almost all of them are dead . . . and then run out and get the rest.

They basically can never flank you unless you try to get past them at a silly time.

You should put about 50 unkillable revenants somewhere to make the BFG platform uncampable (or, okay, maybe just a monster walk-over line that lowers the platform, even if that'll make grabbing the BFG easier the first time) and increase the number of pinkies by at least 1,000 and maybe make the two long lines of the rectangle ~12000 map units instead of 17408.

You dissected my BS wad. You sir, are alright by me.

Plus, still working on Episode Zero. If you're into the idea of collaborating, let me know dude.

TraceOfSpades said:

You dissected my BS wad. You sir, are alright by me.

Yeah, just couldn't turn down the chance to say things like "increase the number of pinkies by at least 1,000".

The main problem with pinkies is that they're extremely easy to outrun and outsmart. They're not easy to use in maps in a challenging yet still fun and fair way. Their design itself doesn't look cute to me, but sometimes their usage in the game makes me think: "Poor guys, I almost feel sorry for them in their defenseless-ness," and in that moment, for me it's close to considering them cute. From the gameplay perspective, they're often just an omitable ammo-sponge. On the other hand, I like when they're placed in combination with stronger monsters in a way that forces me as the player to strategically use them as a meatshield to avoid enemy attacks. Of course, the balance still has to be reasonable.

Avoozl said:

I prefer the Doom 64 version of Demons/Pinkies over all the others.

Same here. The Doom64 Pinkie Demons are too evil and badass looking to be considered cute.

Xaser said:

Here's a wall texture for you:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/aGwHdW2.png[img]

Cool! Now make a cacowall.

Shame it was made for Boom when it could have been made for Doom. I haven't implemented generalized linedef support in AutoDoom yet so I can't record a demo and see if it wins.

printz said:

Shame it was made for Boom when it could have been made for Doom. I haven't implemented generalized linedef support in AutoDoom yet so I can't record a demo and see if it wins.

Nothing prevents you from editing the map on your side. :)

If I go to hell for saying this,then so be it.I'd hate to have to clean up all that pinkie shit.There,I said it.Now I can go to hell.Have a good one!

Now that we mentioned both sexy demons and demon shit, the thread is complete.

Let's not close it anyway.

Also, I took a look at the poll and it looks like you should definitely continue making these - you're significantly improving the population density!