Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Favorite MAP01

Some great answers in this thread. Hell Revealed 2 is one I hold close. I think Icarus and TNT have great MAP01s too. Plutonia is a great one too, since it brings each of Doom 2s new monsters into the first map, which really sets the scene for the rest of the wad. E4M1 is a great one too, although the remaining maps living up to its intensity could have been cooler.

Plutonia and TNT's Map01 really set the mood for the respective IWADs. TNT especially with the music and berserker pack start.

Valiant's Map01 is also pretty great and throws you right into the thick of things.

I agree that Map01 in Alien Vendetta is awesome and so is TNT's. I think that Doom 64's staging area was atmospheric and set the game in motion.

ALT.wad's possibly illusory experimental aircraft full of nazis, a vision of yourself dying and a fully-operational portal to god knows where. These guys weren't exactly afraid to be a little conceptual, haha. Sacrament's MAP01 nightmare sequence is another very clever statement.