Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Hacking Doom Wad Station

Recommended Posts

So, I just had the 2nd hack on the website in as many weeks. The first time was a minor annoyance. A couple of index pages were changed. Nothing that couldn't be fixed easily. THIS time, a bunch of directories were completely deleted. Not sure why anyone would bother hacking my little site but I will fight back. No matter what the hackers do, DWS cannot and will not, stand down

Share this post


Link to post

What the hell kind of motive would someone have to wanna hack DWS? o_O

Were you able to restore the recently deleted stuff?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm working on it. I do keep full backups. And, I don't know the answer to your question

Share this post


Link to post

Fuck whoever did this. I've returned everything to normal but, if you guys could do some clicking around and tell me if I'm missing something, I'd really appreciate it

Share this post


Link to post

Seems fine to me, good job! Well, I hope you plugged the hole.

Share this post


Link to post

If you have physical access and full controll over the server ;

Testdisk, it comes with photorec. Run it on the machine and browse to the deleted folders. Deleted files and folders are listed in red by testdisk. Manually using Testdisk, because Photorec would be a massive overkill bloat to do.

edit ;
but you would have to test files for corruption. :)

Share this post


Link to post
FireFish said:

If you have physical access and full controll over the server ;

Testdisk, it comes with photorec. Run it on the machine and browse to the deleted folders. Deleted files and folders are listed in red by testdisk. Manually using Testdisk, because Photorec would be a massive overkill bloat to do.

edit ;
but you would have to test files for corruption. :)


Nah, I don't have that kind of access.

Share this post


Link to post
Marnetmar said:

What the hell kind of motive would someone have to wanna hack DWS?

Wouldn't be surprised if it's some still-smouldering grudges from this. The current site design with in-your-face donations requests probably served to rekindle them.

Or it could be some random bored kid, of course. Either way, it seems that some things never change.

Share this post


Link to post

I like the new design.



Compact, professional-looking and much easier on the eyes.
BTW, if you are going multi-lingual, Russian and French are important options to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Never_Again said:

BTW, if you are going multi-lingual, Russian and French are important options to consider.

As is English. You had me going until I noticed the URL.

Share this post


Link to post
Brad_tilf said:

if you guys could do some clicking around and tell me if I'm missing something, I'd really appreciate it

I see now that you meant look for stuff that's still corrupted, but I did an quick audit for you. Check your email.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×