• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bardack

Fuck ! ! ! Dreams Crash

PEOPLE ! ! !
I SAW THE E3 INGAME VIDEO.
WHO HIRE THE ANIMATOR ???
MONSTERS MOVEMENTS ABSOLUTELY SUCK !!!!!
SEE YOUSELF

[Zal]I don't know why this is still here. I would've deleted this thread but it has already turned into an interesting conversation. Obnoxious threads like this one are not welcome, even if the complaints are valid. If you're starting a new thread, use your brain.[/Zal]

Wtf is your major malfunction?
The animation seems on par with CGI movie animation, and on top of that, I believe that the animation is still getting improved so quit bitching about animation.

Also, remember that the animation system is likely not even almost finalized. They're implementing a very advanced form of skeletal animation, IIRC, which is probably still in developmental stages.

The animation seems on par with CGI movie animation

You have apparently seen Final Fantasy and Lost in Space but not LOTR.

and on top of that, I believe that the animation is still getting improved so quit bitching about animation.

Yes, there still is hope.

Uuh some of the animations are a bit exaggerated but that's it. At least this game has dedicated sequences for everything.

So long ugly cutscenes with standard walking/running patters and at most only two "action" sequences.

This animation is pretty much as good as any other game out there. Molyneux is right, animation's gonna be a bitch now.

Everything looks so photorealistic, but we've never seen any great animation advancements. There's no way yet to integrate the AI with the animation, so everything must be categorized into actions and drawn by hand. It strikes as odd because its lacking all the subtle jerkyness so common in real life.

like one of those guys on a computer tv program said: "animations suck, so does your mom"

The animation is DOOM3 is as good as that in any other game. But DOOM3 also has 3x more realistic graphics, so you'd expect the animation to look better as well.

Mocap would make it slightly better, but that's it (as long as it's humanoid). I'm really wondering what's the next step in animation.

Zaldron said:

Mocap would make it slightly better, but that's it (as long as it's humanoid). I'm really wondering what's the next step in animation.

Physics based animation, I guess. I saw a pretty neat demo of that a while ago, they had a character and gave him a few simple instructions to walk forward. Then the physics engine would take mass and proportions into account and create an extremely realistic animation. The same engine also showed some really neat stuff when the guy lost his balance.

Yeah I've seen stuff like that too. But I think there will be some kind of middleground, since walking is about the only thing we can do for now. Coding attacks and other special moves would be a royal pain in the ass, even if the blending looks supremely cool.

And that reminds me, I wanna see if the enemies/doomguy feet properly get in contact with the floor. Like having some real bipedal motion by changing the "footstep" mark position. That just implies blocking the feet bone from vertical movement as soon as it reaches. It's what every 3d package does.

Zaldron said:

And that reminds me, I wanna see if the enemies/doomguy feet properly get in contact with the floor. Like having some real bipedal motion by changing the "footstep" mark position. That just implies blocking the feet bone from vertical movement as soon as it reaches. It's what every 3d package does.

Sounds fair. It's been annoying with the forward-floating cylinder kind of walking that's been in games for all time, especially as it makes level interaction harder. With steps separated like that, you could implement more realistic methods for climbing etc.

[/quote][Zal]I don't know why this is still here. I would've deleted this thread but it has already turned into an interesting conversation. Obnoxious threads like this one are not welcome, even if the complaints are valid. If you're starting a new thread, use your brain.[/Zal][/quote]Is it mean that all of doomworld members must kiss all of the id made ?

But me. Animation still ugly.

We don't stand "TEH GAME SUXORS LOKOLOLOKKEKEKEKE" threads. However, something along the lines of "This game is not filling my expectations" is a valid complaint.

I delete 3 to 4 "UNREAL RULS!111" and "DOOM3 SUX!!" threads everyday, and I know Flathead does that too. Those threads show as much brain activity as this one.

Fredrik said:

You have apparently seen Final Fantasy and Lost in Space but not LOTR.

Wrong, of these three, LoTR is the one I've seen - and I'd wager that that Cave troll's animation is only slightly better than the animation in Doom 3.
Anyway, I think complaining the way bardack did about animation in a game is completely retarded - especially because as Zaldron says, the system is new and probably in early development stages.

Bardack can be happy that people turned this thread into an intelligent thread, otherwise it'd have been dead by now.

Well most of the DOOM3 monsters seem fine. It's just some sequences that don't completely work.

Fredrik said:

Well most of the DOOM3 monsters seem fine. It's just some sequences that don't completely work.

Probably, but it doesn't matter that much - Hell, to me, some of the less realistic animation has a certain charm to it (I loved watching movies with go-motion when I was a kid - even though it didn't seem quite realistic).

I think... DOOM3's animation looks just as good as that of any other game, or even better. But as the quality of the graphics approach that in movies, parts of the animation gets left behind a bit...