Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

unfinished fredrik sprites

I have been looking for the old unfinished Fredrik sprites, I am trying to gather all of them, but ive had no luck finding them since the imagehosting sites have deleted them.
This is the only one ive found (except for the ones that are actually in freedoom of course), it was on the wiki

so does anyone have them? even single frames help (i think most of them where)

thanks in advance

hey thanks a lot fred :) all of these look awesome! was the cyborg guy going to be the zombieman or the wolfss? if its the zombieman its funny how we came up with a very similar idea independently

in any case here is hoping the rest are found, i think i had red somewhere that at a point you had like 14 concepts. either way really cool stuff

EDIT

troid to do an aditional frame for the shotgun guy, i dont think i managed to imitate the style thoug

Fredrik, I've noticed the Invulnerability sphere is lower in colour depth and lacking in shading compared to the other spheres you drew.
Is this how you drew it or is something funky going on with the palette conversion?

Sorry, I was aware of the issue had already been reported on GitHub. I should've mentioned that in my post. -.-

I was mainly curious as to what's going on here, and if a better version of these sprites exists. I was considering re-shading it but that would be unnecessary if a good version already exists.

I think it would be nice if they were identical but had very different colors.
If they were entirely different I think would be cool as well. Spheres are for Doom, Freedoom could have it own powerups. Any kind of sprite shape to be any item really. The invulnerability might be cool as a floating and glowing infinity sign. Soulsphere could be a vial, beaker, syringe or others. Megas could be same as soul but larger or different color, or entirely different as well. Maybe invisibility could be a prism hot wired to a battery device. /randomideas

Catoptromancy said:

Maybe invisibility could be a prism hot wired to a battery device.

Hmmm I might try and make a new invisibility item as a prism/pyramid/tetrahedron shape. I made the current sprite in a ray-tracer, and would try that approach again.

after seeing this topic yesterday i have thinked and i have do a (or maybe) thing for replace invulsphere, but before showing the sprites i'll explin how i want of it be:

1st: when you pick invulsphere you became fully white bright so it's like a shield on player and that absorbs damage, well a white ring, now for the power... maybe a small sphere of white energy that float inside of this ring and is here.

if someone wants to finish here is the animation of i was looking (4 frames for it) maybe this ring can rotate in this sphere in horizontal direction (left or right)
Like > (..) | (.) | () | (.) | and here loop.

i hope thats good idea, sorry for my bad inglish and my bad graphics skills too.

I like that idea, it explains why the screen changes color.

Be nice if FreeDoom had a different effect than DOOM (e.g. HacX makes everything go blue).

troid making 2 new frames,

btw fred, how is the back of the slimecrawl supposed to be? im kind of trying to make a rotation for it

Nice!

I thought of it as being a round blob with four tentacles on it, pretty much. I guess it also needs a weapon. It could be fitted with a cybernetic structure -- one huge gun on each side of the "head", perhaps connecting to a large metallic implant on the back side. Something like this (viewed from the side):

Nice work raymoohawk! I always wanted to see the Fredrik's Elephant demon finished. The walking frame look pretty good to me. I hope you can finish it :)

thanks everyone :) and yes the elephant will get finished, after the semester ends ill be able to dedicate a lot more time to spriting after all

fredrik, is the cyborg guy holding a pistol, or is it a small arm cannon?

thanks :) i already made a few attempts with both the cyberdemon and the slimecrawl, but i haven’t been able to do something satisfying yet