Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geekmarine

E1M6

Oh... my... God!!! Someone finished my E1M6!!! Sorry, sorry, didn't mean to get so excited, but man, it's so awesome to see my baby fully realized. I mean, I can't even remember how long ago it was that I started on that, got halfway done, got mapper's block, life got in the way, years and years passed, I let it languish, I thought it would never be complete, but I just happened to load up Freedoom today and there it was, monsters and everything. Oh geez, that just... I mean, getting to see that level completed... Getting to actually play through it. I realize, looking back, that I made some very questionable design choices back then, and my mapping style has gotten a touch more refined since then, but geez... you know, there just really aren't words to describe how it feels to see something that you started actually make it to completion. It always bummed me out that I was never able to finish it, I mean, there were some ideas I had in it that I really liked, and every so often I'd be like, "Geez, this would've been so cool if I had ever finished it," and there it is. Just wanna say, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to whoever picked up my slack and made something of that mess I started.

Oh, hey... Yeah, sorry, I am not at all used the layout of how everything is organized, so I tried to find credits, but I failed miserably. Dude, seriously, you rock. Major props. Again, totally awesome to see something that I had started actually get finished, and I really like what you did with it (though for the life of me I could not figure out how to get the yellow keycard - so I cheated slightly so I could see the whole level).

this map yes is cool and now you sayed i see the yellow key is a puzzle so if you dont find the switch to reveal it you cant pick, anyway this map is not 100% done a small "¬" shaped area whit visible sky looks bad, plasma secret roon is MUCH hard to be find and this yellow key puzzle sucks, if you want to fix :D you can try finish :P

I figured there was a trick to the yellow key. I'm gonna give the map another go at some point. Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I can touch it again - literally, the last time I touched that map was something like 10 years ago, so it'd feel weird. God, I can't believe it's been that long.

In a similar vein, thanks to whoever finished my not-so-great attempt at E1M9, seeing the new stuff mixed in with my old stuff was cool, I especially liked the area with the huge height difference (and that neat large stairway) -- I think that area was completely empty when I last worked on it.

I was tempted to have a go reworking the starting area (with the cage) to be less of a knock-off of the original E1M9. Not quite tempted enough to actually do it, hehe.

i remenber of i have worked in e1m9 too, but now chungy want to change this map since they're much similar to original doom one.

https://github.com/freedoom/freedoom/issues/133

"The level contains 278 monsters" >:D hahahahhahahahah!

Edit: i was wondering put more 500 monsters there before it be removed only for fun, and what you guys think of a cyberdemon on exit too? :P

Protox said:

i remenber of i have worked in e1m9 too, but now chungy want to change this map since they're much similar to original doom one.

Ahh, well those criticisms are fair enough I guess (though tastes do differ).