Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tracer

GZDoom Door Issues in Doombuilder2

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Every other door is working just fine except for this one. I try to open it, and the texture just quickly moves down without making a sound and a few seconds later you hear the door closing sound. I've deleted the door and tried remaking it, but I keep running into the same issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Important thing to remember: Doors always open exactly up to 4 units below the lowest neighboring ceiling. If this lowest neighboring ceiling is low, the door will open very low. If this lowest neighboring ceiling is actually below the door's ceiling, then the door will move downwards instantly (still 4 units below the lowest neighboring ceiling) and then return. Make sure that your doors don't have adjancent sectors with a low ceiling.

scifista42 said:

Important thing to remember: Doors always open exactly up to 4 units below the lowest neighboring ceiling. If this lowest neighboring ceiling is low, the door will open very low. If this lowest neighboring ceiling is actually below the door's ceiling, then the door will move downwards instantly (still 4 units below the lowest neighboring ceiling) and then return. Make sure that your doors don't have adjancent sectors with a low ceiling.

That's exactly what happened. I didn't know how I fixed it, but now I know what happened. Thank you.