Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snapshot

Sonic DOOM2 Deathmatch - Beta2

Way too tall and wide. Or are you supposed to be sonic?
This mapset looks like a whole bunch of MAP24 inspired maps that look very garish and the dirt textures aren't aligned vertically.
EDIT:I'm talking about MAP26

Looks interesting so far. Map 26 has a definite "sonic" vibe to it, more so than map 25. IMO, for map 25 I'd probably add some dark purples into the mix, to make it less visually monotone.

I'm assuming that Sonic DOOM2 is heavy on platforming, and if so, I see nothing wrong with the level designs in the screenshots.

As for map names, I'll have to think about those...

Good luck on the project!

In the first MAP26 shot, I wouldn't use that grass/rock texture there - I think it looks a bit odd when it repeats like that. Also, consider using a different ground texture in the brick area. I really, really like the MAP25 shots though!

Like i said map26 is still incomplete ,i'll try to give it more details (The outer area is my Main focus right now),i was thinking about the name Aqua Ruins it really fits the theme,More maps to come once i release b3 .

This doesn't look like a good deathmatch design, there's too much random bland open space with minimum cover and minimum interesting structures. Mere adding detail might not be enough to save such a design. A deathmatch level should preferably focus on gunplay, through a careful placement of weapon/item/player spawn spots, and architecture accustomized for fast paced and comfortable movement.

Hmm.. i guess i did good with map25,there are many spots to cover yourself,and weapons are well placed in the right spots ,Except map26 which isn't completed yet .

Also since jump height is different to look more like a sonic game it should give a comfortable movement .