Linguica

April Agitation: the megathread

Which do you choose?  

137 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which do you choose?

• E2M2: Containment Area
    • MAP29: The Living End

Well, I'm surprised, but also delighted to see E2M2 triumph; as others have indicated, there are a lot of good things that one could say about it. And pleased to see that Tom Hall has been informed.
This has been fun to follow.

The little map that could somehow manages to slowly trudge through to another victory.

Never_Again said:

How 'bout DW buy the cratefuckers.com domain as an alias of doomworld.com, to celebrate the conclusion of this momentous event? I'd be willing to donate. ;)

very good

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to make a Doomer's Agitation (Better name required) where we try to find the best map from Doom 1, Doom 2, Plutonia and TNT?

Avoozl said:

I remember seeing a 5 vote difference only seconds before it ended.

That's impossible, because there was only a 2 vote difference seconds before it ended, and someone voted in the time between when I went to close it, and I actually did close it.

As ridiculous and amazing as it is, I really wish this last one hadn't come down to a single vote, because it just makes people think that I must have been rigging them all along. Which I swear to you I have not been - E2M2 really did win like this in every round.

Linguica said:
Which I swear to you I have not been - E2M2 really did win like this in every round.

Linguica, you need to stop lying to us. It's time to come clean.

For a month straight, we've been playing your little charade, going along with your game and then suddenly you rip the rug out from underneath us like this.
The fact that you've done this so suddenly is enough of a shame, but to try and play it off so casually? How could you. How COULD you.

I demand a full confession to this conspiracy.

You intentionally changed the voting from google docs to Doomworld just to register more accounts here, didn't you?!

Altazimuth said:

Doomworld's livin' in a box! Yes you're livin' in a UAC box!

Nah man, you gotta think outside the box.

scifista42 said:

Crateism. The goal of life = spread containers. Believe in The Inside.

Crateionism is the belief that the universe appeared when it was unpacked from a box. There is, however, a schism between though who believe it was fully formed when unearthed from the primordial packing peanuts, and those who subscribe to the "Ikea Design" theory according to which some assembly was required.

Linguica said:

I swear to you I have not been - E2M2 really did win like this in every round.

I was suspicious, but surely someone with an avatar like this:

wouldn't -- nay, couldn't! -- lie about something so important to us Doom nerds.

BaronOfStuff said:

I was suspicious, but surely someone with an avatar like this:

wouldn't -- nay, couldn't! -- lie about something so important to us Doom nerds.

Of all the love interests I can think of, only ling would be shipping crates

axdoom1 said:

Can stop seeing this in the top-left corner. It doesn't alternate with other images...

There's a reason for that.

With the crate gif you can see the mipmap/distance shading on half of one side.

Is there any custom Doom palette which actually contains this EXACT Doomworld-ish soft blue hue?