Find results in...
4shockblast

Beat Cyberdemon531's Demos Thread

Never_Again said:

Didn't the Week end yesterday?

It's been extended :v

Never_Again said:

Didn't the Week end yesterday?

The week is over, but that doesn't mean you're not allowed to beat Cyber's demos anymore. :P

I'm not going to be contributing to this much anymore, though, I basically did most of the runs I was interested in.

Doom IIII Map 2 UV-Speed in 0:16.
Map 6 UV-Speed in 0:34.
Map 10 Pacifist in 0:07.69.
Map 12 Pacifist in 0:27.
Map 15 Pacifist in 0:17 (normal exit)

shock_doomiiii.zip

I encourage everyone to post in appropriate threads, not this one.

This thread will be closed in 24 hours.

vdgg said:

This thread will be closed in 24 hours.

Oh, but whyyy? This thread was nice and produced some good runs. Oh, I see, the forum would get messy if everyone had a thread like this. I'd like to have one for my demos, too. Well, creating a thread for that would be an overkill, because I have so few runs, but anyway, if anyone is reading this, please improve my runs, because they are quite improvable and I would very much enjoy seeing them done by a better player. That would be PL05T, PL15T, EV32T and HR13T. ;)

OK, some stats. I didn't count demos that were posted if there already was a faster demo on DSDA, and I didn't count demos that beat demos that were previously posted in the thread.

Player            Demo count

4shockblast       28
  Krankdud          15
  Dime              9
  ezormer           9
  MD922             9
  AD_79             8
  eLim              6
  Ancalagon         4
  dew               4
  GOODFELLA529      3
  paymentplan       3
  Revved            3
  Never_Again       2
  Cacheline         1
  The Green Herring 1
  jmickle           1
  Keyboard_Doomer   1
  Memfis            1
  Total:            108

Hmm I guess Dime didn't post these demos he made on a stream a few days ago? They seemed pretty nice.

I think it's a right decision to close this thread since this subforum strives to be well organized. Plus it kinda encourages lazy 5 minute effort demos (like mine), which is maybe not so good. But I also totally agree with "if anyone is reading this, please improve my runs". Demos that beat my times are always the most interesting to me as I can appreciate them a lot more since I know what stuff is hard, etc.

Memfis said:

Hmm I guess Dime didn't post these demos he made on a stream a few days ago? They seemed pretty nice.

I think it's a right decision to close this thread since this subforum strives to be well organized. Plus it kinda encourages lazy 5 minute effort demos (like mine), which is maybe not so good. But I also totally agree with "if anyone is reading this, please improve my runs". Demos that beat my times are always the most interesting to me as I can appreciate them a lot more since I know what stuff is hard, etc.

Yeah, I only counted the ones Dime posted in the thread.

I think contests like this are pretty fun in general, though I agree that they shouldn't go on forever or the forum would get messy :P. Maybe once in a while, there could be other contests like this one made in the future.

4shockblast said:

Maybe once in a while, there could be other contests like this one made in the future.

Maybe choose a player randomly each month? One week of beating his/her demos and then close the thread.

Yeah, if anything, this thread has certainly generated a lot of activity, which is a pretty good reason for organizing more similar contests. I know I would love to see one dedicated to me. :D

It not only generates activity, but also highlights a player and his/her demos in a good way.

How about a monthly contest then? Maybe every odd month randomly pick a player from DSDA who has at least 5 demos? Every even month randomly pick a player who has at least 50 demos? This would give the contest some variety and surprise value while also being fair to all players. True sportsmanship.

Aqfaq said:

It not only generates activity, but also highlights a player and his/her demos in a good way.

How about a monthly contest then? Maybe every odd month randomly pick a player from DSDA who has at least 5 demos? Every even month randomly pick a player who has at least 50 demos? This would give the contest some variety and surprise value.

I wouldn't mind a contest like this done for me, although at this point I have a lot of demos stuck in demo packs, and I'd like to get those to the DSDA before something like this. But making this a regular thing might be pretty neat, though I'm not sure about doing it monthly, that might be too often.

Thanks for the stats and the idea and everyone for participating!