MAP03 Nomo in 0:25.
MAP04 UV-Pacifist in 0:06.
MAP04 Nomo in 0:06.
MAP05 UV-Speed in 0:42.
MAP05 Nomo in 0:33.
MAP06 UV-Speed in 0:50.
MAP06 Nomo in 0:31.
MAP07 Nomo in 0:15.

More will happen when I get around to it.

MD922 said:

Hehe, I thought I was the only one who found that Map 02 trigger skip. Well you already got 5 on map 2, but I have 7 Pacifist D:

Very nice.

/idgames link
161 maps and counting. Most are in Boom format. Some work in vanilla or limit-removing engines; "-complevel 2" can be used at the player's discretion with those. A few entries from the older sessions may be broken because of Zdoomisms; you have two options besides skipping them:
The Easy Way: record with Zdoom
The Preferred Way: provide a map fix for everyone to record on

There's an issue with ASS15, I can't load it in PRBoom+. Apparently it has to do with textures missing from the wad file.

EDIT: I had a old version, got it working by redownloading.

Ahahah! What a run!

Your abyspe15 contribution was a great fun challenge, a ridiculously unbalanced concept that it was, and I spent several hours on it; this one is something different. So, your maps are getting progressively more insane and you start releasing UV Maxes to go with them just to show they are doable ... Is it too early to speak of a pattern here, or is it safe to assume that you have been hanging out with ToD? ;D

It's certainly a fun run to watch and a surprise to boot. Didn't expect to see a demo on this map so soon (if ever). Thank you for doing it. I hope it's never improved: the finishing flourish would be a bitch to reproduce. Was it entirely accidental?

BTW, I was chuckling watching you show off your mad Mario skillz and climb repeatedly those pillars to refill on cells; "Told ya, add a backpack!" I thought and secretly hoped you'd get a rocket up your ass; you only stumbled a couple of times, though - damn those stupid, lazy Cybers. ;·

You know, I must have spent at least 12 hours playtesting abyspe16 maps and now I see it was totally worth it. This damn run alone makes it worth the time and pain. Now we only need to cajole dew into doing a UV Speed on it and then this map is all set. I'm sure he's gonna love every minute of it; just remind him of that lovely curving staircase on INF-LUTZ E3M3 to spark his interest. :D

dew, you copy this?

Never_Again said:

Ahahah! What a run!

Your abyspe15 contribution was a great fun challenge, a ridiculously unbalanced concept that it was, and I spent several hours on it; this one is something different. So, your maps are getting progressively more insane and you start releasing UV Maxes to go with them just to show they are doable ... Is it too early to speak of a pattern here, or is it safe to assume that you have been hanging out with ToD? ;D

It's certainly a fun run to watch and a surprise to boot. Didn't expect to see a demo on this map so soon (if ever). Thank you for doing it. I hope it's never improved: the finishing flourish would be a bitch to reproduce. Was it entirely accidental?

BTW, I was chuckling watching you show off your mad Mario skillz and climb repeatedly those pillars to refill on cells; "Told ya, add a backpack!" I thought and secretly hoped you'd get a rocket up your ass; you only stumbled a couple of times, though - damn those stupid, lazy Cybers. ;·

You know, I must have spent at least 12 hours playtesting abyspe16 maps and now I see it was totally worth it. This damn run alone makes it worth the time and pain. Now we only need to cajole dew into doing a UV Speed on it and then this map is all set. I'm sure he's gonna love every minute of it; just remind him of that lovely curving staircase on INF-LUTZ E3M3 to spark his interest. :D

dew, you copy this?

Heh, yeah, the ending was totally accidental, I'm happy I survived the first drop into lava (I never learned to time the damage taken from damaging floors). After I got that I just decided I'd release it because it looked pretty cool. I guess I just like platforming/speedrun tricks and kind of dickish gameplay, and the last two sessions gave me the perfect themes to work with. I didn't really practice the platforms to the cells at the end, my first exit I fell off a bunch of times which is why I wanted to do a new run (even though it's only a little faster). With some practice, those platforms should be more consistent.

Funnily enough, one of my biggest difficulties was punching the revenants, I wasn't getting the rhythm correctly when I started attempting this max. For me, the start platform section isn't too bad with practice.

Never_Again said:

Slipping off stairs into inescapable pits? How lovely!

I knew we could count on you!

Sure, you might have a little trouble with the first few (dozen) pillars, but after that it will go smooth like a square peg through a round hole full of vaseline.

Not bad, although the filename should include the map number (aby1603-121).

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 17 map 1 UV-Max in 1:16. (traversd)
Map 1 Pacifist in 0:15.
Map 2 Pacifist in 0:13. (scifista42)
Map 9 UV-Max in 2:53. (Memfis)
Map 12 UV-Speed in 0:33. (Dusk)
Map 32 Nomo in 0:26.86. (Dusk)

shock_aby17.zip

Session 18

Map 12

NM100S in 6
Pacifist in 5
Pacifist (all keys) in 44
NoMo in 5.29
NoMo TAS in 4.94

I recorded the all keys pacifist since that is the only actually interesting run for this :P

Not sure if this mapping "bug" was intentional or not, but it seems pretty suspect. The TAS is just 50% speed, otherwise normal play. 4 seconds is definitely possible for pacifist and nomo if you really want it, but it seems pretty tight (even at 50% it took me a bit). I assume 5 is possible for nm100s.

abyspe18-kraflab.zip

Session 18

Map 1 UV-Max in 0:34. (walter confalonieri)
Map 1 Pacifist in 0:14.
Map 2 UV-Max in 0:36. (MD922)
Map 3 UV-Max in 0:35. (The Green Herring)
Map 3 NM100 in 0:21.
Map 8 UV-Max in 1:11 (bonus old route in 1:41). (ClonedPickle)
Map 8 Pacifist in 0:12.
Map 15 Pacifist in 0:06. (Obsidian)
Map 17 UV-Max in 1:51 (bonus run with exit linedef skip). (Pinchy)
Map 17 Pacifist in 0:18 (kind of funny bonus demo where I get stuck on a door).
Map 18 UV-Max in 5:44. (UnholyPimpin)
Map 19 Pacifist in 0:01. (TheMionicDonut)
Map 20 Pacifist in 0:10 (bonus run in 0:11 and non-trick route in 0:29). (Jmickle)

shock_aby18.zip

4shockblast said:

Map 15 Pacifist in 0:06

GODDAMMIT DIDN'T I FIX THAT??!??!!!?

How the hell did you have enough health to make it across the lava!? I recall the early fixes needed more lava but there's no way you could have made it in the latest version.

Obsidian said:

GODDAMMIT DIDN'T I FIX THAT??!??!!!?

How the hell did you have enough health to make it across the lava!? I recall the early fixes needed more lava but there's no way you could have made it in the latest version.

Redownloaded from /idgames, and it's the same file size as the one I have, demo plays back also, so I guess it wasn't fixed. :P

And before Obsidian asks, it is indeed the last version of the level he posted.

Also, holy shit, that bug on MAP12. (It is indeed a bug, and I didn't think anybody could make a mistake like that so I hadn't checked.)

Nice runs! Didn't know that MAP20 exit was even possible. Heh...

#DooM Weekly IL Competition Season 1 Week 3

Session 16

Map 01 Pacifist

1st: Krankdud    29.49
 2nd: 4shockblast 29.54
 3rd: Ancalagon   30.74
 4th: eLim        30.80
 5th: GrumpyCat   31.46
 6th: Mattyice    31.77
 7th: Ribbiks     33.51
 8th: Wakecold    33.97
 9th: PaymentPlan 34.23