Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AD_79

Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions series demos [-complevel 9]

8 hours ago, 4shockblast said:

Nice demo, now try my map in session 25. :o)

is that the rocket jump one? that was a good one. brb.

oh this one. here

Session 25 Map18 UV Speed in 18 seconds

I only counted 36 attempts.  that wasn't as bad as it could've been actually.

aby2518-18.zip

4 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Session 25 Map18 UV Speed in 18 seconds

I only counted 36 attempts.  that wasn't as bad as it could've been actually.

Nice, nah the rocket jump one is in 20 (still has no demo actually I guess). None of my maps in the speedmap sessions or anywhere else are quite as difficult as this map I submit for a slow-moving community project, though: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zc388pe32h8ib3/dumbmap (2).wad?dl=0 (requires this texture pack: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9fxcjvg5zxi8lcx/arch_tx.zip).

Session 20 Map32 UV Max in 1:09

("Wonderful World of Rocket Jumping" by 4shockblast).

aby2032-109.zip

Also, @4shockblast i tried your other map, and

I could get past the first sequence, and then the catwalk.  But when you hit the second switch... wtf is that even possible for humans with normal input devices?  Also I'm not gonna tell you how I got past the catwalk sequence because I don't think I beat it in the "legit" way, but if you figure out what i'm talking about, can u leave it in pls for me :3.  PS. I used iddt to figure out where triggers were.

freaking love demos and maps like this - but im glad im not the one playing them! :D

really happy to see you doing demos Noisy :3

10 hours ago, NoisyVelvet said:

Session 20 Map32 UV Max in 1:09

("Wonderful World of Rocket Jumping" by 4shockblast).

Reveal hidden contents

I could get past the first sequence, and then the catwalk.  But when you hit the second switch... wtf is that even possible for humans with normal input devices?  Also I'm not gonna tell you how I got past the catwalk sequence because I don't think I beat it in the "legit" way, but if you figure out what i'm talking about, can u leave it in pls for me :3.  PS. I used iddt to figure out where triggers were.

Nice run. It's much harder, but the first rocket jump can be done with just straferunning I'm pretty sure, although that was not the intended method.

On the other map...

Spoiler

I can't think of any cheaty ways of completing the catwalk, but perhaps it's possible, I'll have to investigate. If it's slower than the intended way it can stay in. The catwalk timer kept shortening and shortening as I got better and better at the catwalk. It's entirely possible without TAS, and I think for my abilities, it's still within the "consistent with enough practice" zone, but there's not much room for mistakes for sure.

Just popping my head in to say thanks to all the people that have submitted demos for the sessions: it always gives me a smile to see the notification for someone submitting a demo here. Cheers heaps guys. :)