Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomUK

Mortal Kombat X

FireFish said:

But it was a cool console even if it did not have many memorable titles.

I thought I hated the Genesis when I was young, but in the last 5 or so years I've realized it was that shitty controller all along. I bought this "Gen on a chip" that allows me to play Genesis carts through my Super Nintendo, and the games are so fun when played with a comfy controller.

(sorry for offtopic ramblings)

My buddy is picking it up today. So I will be able to check it out at work.

If it meets my expectations, I may consider getting a PS4 sometime down the line.

Edit: I never went to my friend's house. Instead, I stayed home and watched Jersey Boys. I really don't get why it didn't do so well.

great news for german and japanese players. despite being able to buy the game beforehand and activating the key without problems WB decided to exclude both countries and now they are in preloadonly-limbo, where you can't install the game and can't play it.

currently there is a giant shitstorm of german MK fans in the steam forums:
https://steamcommunity.com/app/307780/discussions/0/618459109268972314/

edit:
WB finally unlocked the game for germany.

Sigh, I am still yet to get the game the same as I am still yet to get my better internet installed, I really can't wait to play it and am curious to see how it fares over MK9.

Sodaholic said:

Fucking microtransactions. Stupid devs.

Stupid kids are too lazy to learn how to do fatalities properly. :p

DoomUK said:

Stupid kids are too lazy to learn how to do fatalities properly. :p

I'm more concerned about the predatory and condescending nature of putting microtransactions in an already-paid AAA game. The existence of the pay-to-win "genre" is already a blight on the industry, I don't want to see that cancer spread to proper games.

Finally got a chance to place at my friends house. I really love how fluid the fights are. I picked up the controller, and was immediately acclimated to how the game plays.

The fatalities are really easy to pull off. One button-fatalities would be a waste of money. I guess if the player is dumb enough, the money belongs in someone else's pocket.

Avoozl said:

I really can't wait to play it and am curious to see how it fares over MK9.

Graphically, it looks really good, but its not exactly going to blow you away. Not too much of difference from MK9 imo.

But as I said in my post, the controls, and fluid fighting make a major difference from its predecessor. It was a lot of fun.

I haven't really gotten a chance to check out the new fighters, but they look like they fit well into the roaster.

Kontra Kommando said:

Graphically, it looks really good, but its not exactly going to blow you away. Not too much of difference from MK9 imo.

But as I said in my post, the controls, and fluid fighting make a major difference from its predecessor. It was a lot of fun.

I haven't really gotten a chance to check out the new fighters, but they look like they fit well into the roaster.

What makes the control different from the last game?

hardcore_gamer said:

What makes the control different from the last game?

The figthing seems to move more seamlessly, which is actually more attributed to the detection of the hits. (I know that's a bit different from "controls" really. But at anyrate, it is essential to how controlling the player pans out.) When playing as Sonya, it seemed as if I were playing it like I had been for months already.

When looking at the move list, there's a side panel that shows statistics of the moves and combos, that demostrate how fast moves are able to be executed, by the milisecond. I guess that's more for the hardcore tornement players to study.

So, I played it at a freinds house on Xbox One the other day, and damn is it fun. If you were a fan of MK9, you will also enjoy this. The story cutscene (from what I saw of them) have that modern cinematic feel, but pulled off really well.

I sort of viewed MK9 as a "series reboot", and in that case, this is an excellent sequel, even more improvement than the original MK to MK2. As Kontra said, the control feels nice and precise.

Kontra Kommando said:

I love the art direction though. The stages are gorgeous, as are the character designs. And I like how Kitana and Mileena look like assassins and not pole dancers. Sometimes those crazy feminists who complain about this stuff have a point.

And yeah, the game is very easy to get into thanks to the core mechanics being so fluid and seamless. It's difficult to master, obviously.

The QTEs don't bother me so much because the cutscenes are pretty damn awesome to watch. I was definitely surprised by it, though.

On a side note, I wish you could use 360 controllers on the xbone.. If you slightly nudge even remotely upward, you character jumps.. Fuck that xbone controller man, it just feels like a cheap toy version of the 360 one anyway and there is such a thing as "too sensitive"..

It doesn't stop the game from being awesome as hell though.

Not buying this junk, it's just become another ruined franchise in the name of greed courtesy of WB Games.

So the game is really good and looks pretty ok but...Am I the only one who thinks the MK formula is a bit stale? Don't get me wrong, when I was little I was absolutely obsessed with the game but despite all the homages to the last games in MK9/X I feel quite bored with them. I only just got X and I am already bored of it. This game makes me realize how much I crave something truly fresh. The last game that truly impressed me was Minecraft. Sure, fatalities and blood were novel 20 years ago but today? I just don't feel anything anymore. There really isn't anything wrong with the game. Objectively it's quite awesome but...idk.

DooM_RO said:

So the game is really good and looks pretty ok but...Am I the only one who thinks the MK formula is a bit stale? Don't get me wrong, when I was little I was absolutely obsessed with the game but despite all the homages to the last games in MK9/X I feel quite bored with them. I only just got X and I am already bored of it. This game makes me realize how much I crave something truly fresh. The last game that truly impressed me was Minecraft. Sure, fatalities and blood were novel 20 years ago but today? I just don't feel anything anymore. There really isn't anything wrong with the game. Objectively it's quite awesome but...idk.

Maybe its not MK particularly, but the fighting genre that you're bored with. Minecraft is a completely different game.

MK is more of a game that you play with a bunch of friends, imo. It would certainly get boring after you beat the tornement after the first few times, and unlock everything you want.

Same goes for games like GTA. After you beat the story, and get everything you want, it sort of becomes boring. Again, it does become fun again, when a bunch of people take turns going on killing sprees. But after a few rounds, that also loses it luster.

Kontra Kommando said:

Maybe its not MK particularly, but the fighting genre that you're bored with. Minecraft is a completely different game.

MK is more of a game that you play with a bunch of friends, imo. It would certainly get boring after you beat the tornement after the first few times, and unlock everything you want.

Same goes for games like GTA. After you beat the story, and get everything you want, it sort of becomes boring. Again, it does become fun again, when a bunch of people take turns going on killing sprees. But after a few rounds, that also loses it luster.

Well...same story with GTA5. When I was little I was obsessed with it as I was with MK but 5 didn't leave much of an impression on me despite the fact that it is better in every conceivable way than the old ones.

Just got the game and played through the classic tower of 10 opponents once with Sub Zero, it's quite fun and I like its darker theme over MK9's, however my only disappointment is that Smoke and Rain aren't already in the game, and the new character I was hoping for Tremor isn't even in it yet either. There seems to be unlockables but you can get them quite easily.

got a opened, used once copy MK X for xbone if any wants it. Decided to pick it up on steam. $40 shipped (us only), paypal verified