Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
barehoes

Wrestlemania last night, wtf??

I used to be the biggest WWE fan of life before it took the turn for the worst and became a PG piece of shit. To this day I check up on it to see how it has evolved and it's only getting worse. So last night was the biggest event Wrestlemania 31 (holy shit) and they put John Cena in a UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP match(which he won). Anyone who knows a little bit of WWE knows that John Cena is the face of the company and deserves no less then world championship. Is he going down in the company? I don't really know, maybe someone could clear up why he is in a fu***** united states championship match.

I remember my short 'wrestling' phase when I was a teen. The only way I'd watch WWE or whatever these days is if the wrestlers were on acid.

I used to watch WCW, ECW, and WWF back in middle school. That was really an exciting time, back in the 90s and early 2000s. I eventually just stopped watching though; my interests shifted to different things.

I stopped watching wrestling. I couldn't take the fan complaints. Its a kids show. Its not supposed to be the greatest thing in the world or make sense. Its all supposed to be popularity and run ins.

In a way its funny so many people that know its not real take it too damn serious.

geo said:

In a way its funny so many people that know its not real take it too damn serious.

That's what makes the show so fascinating to me. Everybody knows that it's staged but yet it tries to look believable, and that fuzzy line between fantasy and reality can lead to very interesting and complex emotions. I don't actually watch wrestling but I like listening to fan debates on YouTube while mapping or doing some mindless activities. Some people can be adorably passionate about this stuff.

barehoes said:

Anyone who knows a little bit of WWE knows that John Cena is the face of the company and deserves no less then world championship. Is he going down in the company? I don't really know, maybe someone could clear up why he is in a fu***** united states championship match.

To make the lesser belts more relevant and build up hype and matches around them. It's not rocket science.

Next!

Ha Ha, i used to watch WWE and a few other wrestling pgs, hell, i even managed to learn some of the moves they do in it!
Other than that, yeah, i think kids and teens are the ones who watch this type of Pgs rather than adults.

Snakes said:

John Cena's old and every old wrestler drops down the card eventually?

Like Bret Hart in the 90s. As soon as a top guy gets injured Cena will be right back up there and you'll hear the fans complain and whine. That's why wrestlers need to get "injured" to go out on top.

BlackFish said:

Remember all those games they probably still make?

Me and my friends used to play the N64 ones. They are pretty fun games, especially as a party game.

chopkinsca said:

Me and my friends used to play the N64 ones. They are pretty fun games, especially as a party game.

Awww yeah, those were so much fun.

I had them all from WCW vs NWO to No Mercy.

THQ hands down made the best wrestling video games of all time for N64. The number one reason was the controlling! It was easy, and it made sense. Grapple; strike; Grapple with combos; and so on. Moreover, the spirit system, in regards to the player's health was better than the life-bar system. All of those games were based off of the Virtual Pro Wrestling game engine.

But for some reason, the WWE insisted on making games that had inferior and awkward controls. They can make it as pretty as they like, but it will never come close to the fun I had on the N64.

While I used to like playing the odd fighting game once in a while I never really much cared for wrestling games at all.

PS2-era WWF/WWE games were the best. The CAW stuff let you make almost anyone you could think of, then further allowed you to bash the shit out of them and throw them off a cage. There's no other game I can think of which allowed a 6-man Tornado Tag match consisting of 3 midget clowns vs 3 giant men wearing bear masks. Forget 'real' wrestlers, the real fun was in making ludicrous match-ups with bizarre characters and then twatting them all with a chair.

chopkinsca said:

I remember going to a friends house and we played the Wrestlemania 64. Making our own characters was probably the super duper awesome feature at the time.

I kind of declared the WWE officially dead when the Taker ate shit and lost during the last WM, ultimately retiring. For them to bring him back, even if it was for a pity match, automatically made it a better WM. That's about all I cared about. The other matches that I caught looked worse than backyard wrestling level PG tripe.