MAP04 - Du Mhan Yhu
MAP05 - Vorpal.
MAP06 - AD_79.
MAP07 - Doomkid.
MAP09 - Joe-ilya
MAP10 - General Rainbow Bacon.
MAP11 - 40oz

Open slots ;
MAP08 - nothing seems to be here, are you here ?

Place holder wad for testing, or playtroughs ;
Currently it holds 4 playable maps and 7 placeholder rooms with exits.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/105s66rl4dq3wuy/bloru%5Bt%5D.wad?dl=0

The old thread and project information ;

Spoiler

Depending on the responses this might be my first and last attempt to get a small wad together made by multiple mappers, so i will jump straight to the point, and excuse me for doing so. The planned name Bloody Rust implies a rusting, aging, tech environment which is not difficult to achieve in doom but also not easy to keep interesting. Think in terms of rusting doom 3 indoor maps, rusting quake environments.

Are you a New mapper, old mapper, found something on a rusting hard disk drive, who cares... Just go for it. But to keep levels somewhat intertwined the player should start in a teleporter room, and not in front of a door, or on mars, or pluto, or mordor. :-)

maps and texture needs ;
- Needs to run as a doom 2 PWAD.
- Limit raising, it has to work in prboom.
- Original doom textures and things.
- no extra midi music.
- a minimum of 2 secrets per map.

Superluigieth1 said:

MAP02 IS MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

If you are serious and not pulling my leg, then i will fill in the slot.
Sorry for this post, but for some reason i am reading it as sarcasm. lol.

FireFish said:

If you are serious and not pulling my leg, then i will fill in the slot.
Sorry for this post, but for some reason i am reading it as sarcasm. lol.

I am serious.

I have a short techbase map that I made recently that isn't really fitting in the context of a short episode I started. I think with some retexturing I could donate it to this project.

FireFish said:

The planned name Bloody Rust implies a rusting, aging, tech environment which is not difficult to achieve in doom but also not easy to keep interesting. Think in terms of rusting doom 3 indoor maps, rusting quake environments.

MAP01 - Firefish.

Is it not Delusion of eternity?

That map at least gives me a clue what your mapping is about, otherwise I'd demand actual screenshots. They'd be nice anyway. :)

scifista42 said:

Is it not Delusion of eternity?

That map at least gives me a clue what your mapping is about, otherwise I'd demand actual screenshots. They'd be nice anyway. :)

MAP01 in Delusion of eternity is a good view on the rusting tech base concept which i prefer. and screenshots should be added when stuff gets interesting. :)

40oz said:

I have a short techbase map that I made recently that isn't really fitting in the context of a short episode I started. I think with some retexturing I could donate it to this project.

Anybody is welcome, and anybody is appreciated for showing his or her interest.

walter confalonieri said:

eh, why not? Sign me in!

Hi, you are now on map slot ??. enjoy your stay ! :)

Firefish, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

joe-ilya said:

Firefish, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

>Joe using [newproject]

joe-ilya said:

He should know, he's on 700 of them.

I'm interested (small scope, not overly ambitious, simple rules, theme I'd like to try)

Mind if I grab, say, map05? And if I don't produce in a timely manner, no sweat if the slot is yielded to someone else.

So... this is making rusty tech maps with the default Doom 2 resources? Okay...

Vorpal said:

I'm interested (small scope, not overly ambitious, simple rules, theme I'd like to try)

Mind if I grab, say, map05? And if I don't produce in a timely manner, no sweat if the slot is yielded to someone else.

You have claimed that one slot, its name should never be spoken.
Thus we commenced the formation our devious plans to spread rust.

AD_79 said:

So... this is making rusty tech maps with the default Doom 2 resources? Okay...

yes, don't rust over the idea. :)

Doomkid said:

I'd like a shot at map07 :)

Shoot it down and revel over its dead corpse.

walter confalonieri said:

eh, why not? Sign me in!

Any idea about what map number you would like ?

Superluigieth1 said:
Sure:http://imgur.com/SvjqHR3.jpg

Mappers could get another slot if they really want to, but then they might get shifted around if they don't fit well in the overall progression.

Flesh420 said:

Sign me up for Map03. I'll be back with screenshots in the next few days, just started it.

It has been done.

Superluigieth1's map showed in his screenshot

Spoiler

is just slapped from rooms copy-pasted from Doom 2 MAP14: Inmost Dens.

scifista42 said:

Superluigieth1's map showed in his screenshot

Spoiler

is just slapped from rooms copy-pasted from Doom 2 MAP14: Inmost Dens.

It sure the hell is.

Hmm, now that there are pictures and I have an idea of what to make. I should work on a nukage canyon that has ruins.

EDIT:What does "teleporter room" mean?

Du Mhan Yhu said:

It sure the hell is.

I was thinking something like what Scifista wrote the whole time...
And you have your slot.

Side note ;
any type of mapper is free to join while following the simple rules, but if really needed maps could be asked to receive a revision by the original mapper or another one.

Edit ;

joe-ilya said:

Hmm, now that there are pictures and I have an idea of what to make. I should work on a nukage canyon that has ruins. EDIT:What does "teleporter room" mean?

A room or location which makes it look as if you where transfered into it by means of technology, as could be seen in quake, star trek, doom, doom 2, or others.

This simple wad project is a hobby based ordeal for those interested while not looking to be bound to extreme rules and ideas to keep it small and fun. As long as a nukage canyon contains the simple rules it should be allowed.

joe-ilya said:

What does "teleporter room" mean?

I guess it's a start room, containing a teleporter pedestal, where Player1 Start initially stands on. EDIT: FireFish just answered this on the previous page.