Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Mapping Dream Teams

Doomkid said:

Seeing the SP stuff you've made, I definitely agree. (Have you released any DM maps as well? If so I'd really like to check them out.)

I haven't released any yet, but I have been making a couple as a small side project.

cool thread, I think now that Ribbiks had worked with tourniquet and db, he should work with dobu now. I bet this'll be a killer collab.

as for me, I've pretty much departed from mapping now, but obake and I seem to have similar yet odd design styles after playing both NOVA wads recently.

Doomkid said:

*raises hand*

Although I'm super busy these days, vanilla mapping is my jam.

Hey, I wouldn't mind - I'm also busy at the moment with other stuff, but maybe one day.

Serious vote for Dobu and either Tourniquet or mouldy (or all three!).

I think the former choice could be enough of a heavyweight pair to rival Ribbiks and Danne. A dobu+mouldy team would probably do my head in (this is a good thing)

The combination of purist mentality and allergy to community circle-jerking which I am made of favors an alliance between Erik Alm, Skillswaw and Joshy.

I would also like to see a Megawad made entirely by Burabojunior from the Japanese Community Project.

Dario and Milo Casali.

Alright, serious answer would probably be Cannonball, Esselfortium and I don't know if he's still around but Gusta; just because his maps were often my favourites in Plutonia 2, though I don't know of his work outside that.

Wait my name is in the OP? Dammit, that means I have a reputation to live up to.

Talk to darkreaver please! :)

mrthejoshmon said:

SGT_Mark and Tormentor, imagine the horrors that would be produced.

What will never happen for obvious reasons

Danimetal & Marlboro Man (honestly the best, NDCP2 anyone?) + Eternal + Mechadon + Jetflock + Ribbiks = detailing.
Big Doom1 Sandy Petersen maps (E2M4, E2M5, E2M6, E2M7, E3M3, E3M4) = layout, difficulty, size.

Ed said:

Spends year and a half in a detail obsessed depravity. Spends two weeks on game-play and pushes it out the door.

Gets drafted for gameplay related work.

Seriously, if I ever finish another map, I'm sub-contracting out all gameplay elements.

Hire Cannonball for gameplay. I was going to say Eternal visuals with Cannonball layouts and gameplay, but Ed's visuals serve as well. Also, Khorus layouts. You should make a megawad, Cannonball and Khorus for layouts and gameplay, Ed and Eternal for texturing and visuals.

With all the John Romero with X going around, I'm more of seeing him collaborating with Tom Hall and American McGee on a Doom megawad, maybe with Sandy Petersen on board as well.

Speaking of comebacks, it would be nice if The Innocent Crew (Denis and Thomas Moeller) and Matthias Worch comeback and make a megawad together like they did in Memento Mori 2.

I'd like to see them come back and make a DM pack, the Point Blank (pobla) map series is super well balanced and just damn fun to play.