Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Wrack on the biggest sale yet

Jeez wrack just keeps going on sale, Is it not selling well or something because constantly having sales with the price lowering every time isn't a good sign for the developers.

Doominator2 said:

Jeez wrack just keeps going on sale, Is it not selling well or something because constantly having sales with the price lowering every time isn't a good sign for the developers.

It's past the time of serious sales, they're just making sure they get some extra funds and free advertising through the steam sale and this bundle I guess. It's a good idea to have many players playing your game, even for a super low price.

Yeah, it's not like we need the sales. After all, we get plenty of free advertising from all the media coverage and YouTubers pla-.... hahahaha sorry can't even say it with a straight face.

Haha well I didn't mean ad revenue, I meant making the Wrack name known. Because if you make another game it'd be more convincing to say "by the makers of Wrack" if more ppl know it.

Or Wrack 2 of course.

Jaxxoon R said:

Too bad I already bought it at full price whilst it was in the very end of early access.

All games drop in price after months/years. Doesn't mean you were wrong to buy it early.

Figured it was a good enough deal to get over my Steam reluctance, and Steam seems to be kind of overestimating my bandwidth:

I grabbed it and have to say I'm having fun with it. I just killed Mechron and was glad to get by that boss as the ammo was getting low and I had to finish him with the pistol. I might fiddle with the level editor later.

@Doom Dude: Glad you're having fun with it!

GooberMan said:

The new Steam Spy tool estimates about 26,000 owners of Wrack. On Steam, of course. It doesn't track owners of the game through other legitimate means.

I'm surprised at how accurate that is. I think most Steam profiles are public, so it can probably comb through a large enough sample size to make a fairly accurate estimate. That lists 26,500 += 7,000 for Wrack. It's sold more than the 26,500, but less than 33,500.

@VGA: No Wrack 2, but we're working on a new and different Wrack game.

My bro showed up while I was playing and says, "What the hell are you playing, Super-Doom?" lol

Can you jump over the red spiked sphere things? I've managed to jump over the other ones somehow without taking damage but this one spot that has treasure behind the red spiked gonads... drove me crazy and I don't see any way around. :p

I made it as far as Oculus. That was a bit tricky but I got through after a couple tries. I guess I'm nearing the end now that Oculus is dead.

haha, Super-Doom. I'll take it! :P

Yeah, you're nearing the end. The level that's a recap of the episode (er, game) is the last one. Good luck!

For the one treasure you were talking about, yeah, you have to jump over to get it. Nerve-racking, eh? :P

Ahhh so you CAN jump the red ones. Will have to remember that next time. Yeah nerve-wracking, like me trying to strafe jump a lava pit into a little door...jerks. ;) I certainly didn't find all the secrets... yet.

Well I'm done after 10 hours of play. The final boss was fracking hard and I barely got through after several tries. I want to know what happens next, dammit. If no more episodes are forthcoming then a graphic novel that explains what happens next would be nice. ;) Overall Wrack was pretty fun if a bit short.... then again 10 hours is good for the price I think. I finished Hard Reset on the 10 hour mark and I payed more for it at the time and was happy enough with the time spent. At least I can say I finished, where many games I've played never get completed..

I like the look of the maps especially the Fusion Plant. Did you have any maps for the other episodes completed? Will be interesting to see what this 'new and different Wrack game' is gonna be.

We had a lot of episode 2 done. The maps were all fully playable, the mechanics were all finished, additional monsters scripted, etc. It was going to be a ton of work to do all the additional textures, bosses, monsters, weapons etc. though to finish up and there just wasn't enough demand for it. Wrack itself barely got an ounce of coverage, so episode 2 likely wasn't going to get any - no matter how cool it was. It's our job to give people what they want, and not enough people wanted what Wrack was envisioned as. So, we're trying something new. I think this idea has legs, too.

Carnevil said:

Wrack itself barely got an ounce of coverage, so episode 2 likely wasn't going to get any - no matter how cool it was.

Wish I could have helped more in that department, but when I only know around 12 people and none of them have PCs word of mouth doesn't go very far. :(

I'm down a PC at the moment myself*, which sucks because Wrack was the first game I've been excited to map for in a long time, even if I'm no good at mapping. Looking forward to the new project, lots of luck buddy. Hope to see you on Steam once I get my shit together. :)

*And got a PS4 because it was financially cheaper at the time. Then Sony fucked me on my warranty and now I'm on PS4 #2, meaning altogether I could've had a badass gaming PC by now**. Moral of the story: save your money kids; you might have to wait a little longer, but it is worth it.

**Figuring in the cost of two systems***, games, accessories, a TV and two PS+ subscriptions, around $1700. Shame on me for being a greedy, need it now kind of idiot.

***Not including the system and TV we had to buy so I could play online with my fiance, meaning take every game and double it. The console market has become quite the money grabbing scam these days since even a little bit of dust in the console voids your warranty, and opening it up to clean it out voids it as well. Fuck Sony.

****And no, I'm not a victim. I got exactly what I deserved for being stupid.