Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
datacore

[Doom] Endless Torture

Thanks for the clarification. Clearly this is a construct that the nodebuilder should be prepared for and able to deal with. Hmm...

An incompatible recource pack file did cause the problem to load it in Doomsday. Everything's working fine now! Thanks anyway!

Re: problem loading E1M1 in Doomsday

Just a quick note to say I've found the cause of the problem and am currently preparing a fix. It turns out the nodebuilder is actually handling it correctly, the issue lies in the surface decorator working at line / sector level rather than with the convex subspaces.

Edit: Now fixed for the next unstable build.

I played this on and off for about month, and I see I'm too late with this. Oh well nevermind, I already compiled the list, so I will post it anyway. None of these "problems" are serious, anyway:

E3M3: teleporter (linedef 1039) doesn't work, because there is no teleport destination thing in the landing sector. There is no way to access secret sector 139.

E3M4: red door isn't openable from the exit side.

E3M5: misaligned flesh textures inside sector 166. The west part of lava pit (sector 198) is inescapable.

E3M8: sector 25 should be tagged 5.

E4M1: shouldn't be sector 12 secret?

E4M5: two door (sectors 38 and 39) are not closed all the way down in their initial state. It is visible if you stand in sector 11.

E4M7: shouldn't be sector 81 secret?

E3M3: teleporter (linedef 1039) doesn't work, because there is no teleport destination thing in the landing sector. There is no way to access secret sector 139. Thanks a lot it is fixed now.

E3M4: red door isn't openable from the exit side. Thanks a lot, it is fixed now.

E3M5: misaligned flesh textures inside sector 166. The west part of lava pit (sector 198) is inescapable. It's intentional (but not for the misaligned flesh textures)

E3M8: sector 25 should be tagged 5.It's intentional

"E4M1: shouldn't be sector 12 secret?" Not necessarily .

"E4M5: two door (sectors 38 and 39) are not closed all the way down in their initial state. It is visible if you stand in sector 11." Not a problem for me.

"E4M7: shouldn't be sector 81 secret?" Not necessarily.

And i fixed some problems with the secrets levels . And with sectors who were too high.

New link:
et_f2
https://www.mediafire.com/?a66tibn5vh2m6h2

Edit: et_f3

https://www.mediafire.com/?82fru4mwc34odoz

I wait a little time for upload a new release on idgames :) Thanks for playing guys !

I just think it rules that you put together an entire Doom 1 megawad. Gonna check this out!

It's mentioned in his review for Hatred Removed.

Never_Again said:
There are also two secrets sectors (270 and 271) that are too small and too close to the walls for DOOM to register that you visited them.

I made a little patch file for ZDoom/GZDoom users.

(G)ZDoom patch for "Endless Torture" (31 KB)

What it does:
- MAPINFO with automap level names
- Typo fix for WILV22 ("Retentless Barons" --> "Relentless Barons")
- Widescreen statusbar

*EDIT Feb 9*
New version uploaded (seems that latest release of the addon doesn't have the issue with the ep.2 secret level exit any more, so I removed that fix)

Just finished the fourth episode. What an amazing megawad! Finally someone creates a megawad that is not just a explicit copy of the original episodes (I remember some map, from the second episode, which was very similar to some of the original's, but that does not exclude what I told). What can I say? Well, it was really fun, every level was a new adventure, no copycats, the details were pretty nice, the gameplay was astounding, the boss fights were awesome, the difficulty was perfect set (no plutonia-style ridiculous difficulty), the secrets were very interesting. Anyway, 10 out of 10! Was a pleasure to experience your maps. Congratulations!

Just finished my second play through both on UV. Once with regular doom and once with brutal doom. Overall this is a pretty good map pack. Some of my favorite maps were in the third episode with the sort of remake of E1M2 followed by the quake map. Gameplay was was pretty balanced with some areas being pretty difficult but in no way a slaughter, which i like, but a few to many cyberdemons in last episode for my taste. Even though a couple of them can be bypassed. didnt see any real bugs or texture alignment problems. If i had to rate it i would give a good 7 out 10 stars. Thanks for sharing your work.