Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Some Magazine Scans

Those old magazines always look so good, or at least interesting. Nice share.

If your copy of that magazine breaks you could look on archive.org for a backup scan.

joe-ilya said:

Doom 64 is the "brutal doom" of the 90's.

No it isn't. It was an alternative to the PC and PSX/Saturn version (let's face it all other console ports were inferior) and is still a viable alternative to those who have played the main vanilla episodes and want something new without turning to mods.

joe-ilya said:

Doom 64 is the "brutal doom" of the 90's.

Heh.

Don't think it's brutality could be confined to just the '90s, though. It's the most brutal Doom there will ever be.

FuzzballFox said:

No it isn't. It was an alternative to the PC and PSX/Saturn version (let's face it all other console ports were inferior) and is still a viable alternative to those who have played the main vanilla episodes and want something new without turning to mods.

uh yea Doom 64 is definitely the last and most brutal doom

FuzzballFox said:

Reading comprehension FTW

I remember seeing a high res version on the cover of a magazine back when the game was new, wish someone had it.

scifista42 said:

Thanks for sharing. Good pictures. "97_apr_saturn.jpg" has protips.

lmao those protips !

For those interested, 96_sept_doom64.jpg features an unseen Doom 64 weapon that never got in the game. Some sort of flamethrower, perhaps?

Edit: Also -once again- for those interested, I've found a font that closely resembles the one used for the upper right text in the Final Doom PSX ad. (96_dec_finaldoomad)

Another Typewriter

I'm still struggling to find a font similar to the main yellow text. Any help would be appreciated.

Guest Unregistered account

eh

w0t

Interesting, if 96_may_n64.jpg is anything to go by, it looks as though PSX Doom was also going to be on the N64. I'm glad we got a whole new episode of Doom goodness instead.

Also, rofl at the 3DO version's review. It was scored lower than Nester's Funky Bowling for virtual boy - That speaks volumes..