Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
40oz

Ezekiel - Short Episode [WIP]

is a work in progress Limit Removing (cl2) short episode for DOOM 2. There are 3 distinct themes, each with four maps.

Part 1: Hell Revealed 2 meets Thy Flesh Consumed theme. Classic 1999-like levels with fast-paced combat.

Part 2: Swampy dark green/grey Heretic/Hexen theme. Large rooms and vistas with large monster quantities.

Part 3: Cement, charred rocks, and snakey vines. Suspenseful exploratory levels with jump-scares and high contrast lighting.

I could use some assistance! I have one or more maps for each episode which demonstrate the theme. I'd like to have the opportunity to work alongside some interested mappers. I'm looking for someone who is willing to collaborate with me to help finish this episode.

If you're interested, please send me a Private Message with the desired part you'd like to help with and we can discuss it further!

Yeah, I'm liking the screens. I'd help out and make a map but I got a lot on my plate already, heh.

I can give you a hand if you want. I'm a small time mapper and I got nothing major on my hands right now.

Screenies looks delicious btw ;)

Really nice shots 40oz! I'm also partial to the contrasted CEMENT theme since its something you don't see very often, and it looks like you did a nice job executing it. It can be a funky texture to work with sometimes :P

Good luck!

wow those shots look good. will it be something with hr-like gameplay?

Thanks everyone for the kind words! The gameplay isn't really intended to simulate anything, I don't think. I just kinda balance it in a way I think is fun. The first part is pretty average shotgun and super shotgunning and plenty ammo, part 2 has lots of monsters with lots of rockets and plasma gunning, and the third part will be pretty light with monsters, but used in highly dangerous ways.

I got some mapping volunteers, so progress should be moving along swimmingly at the moment. Thank you everyone for the support :)

I thought this was already released. I came to grab the download. :)

I'd love to make a map in the HR2 style, but I'm already kind of preoccupied with my own project. As I see the thread get bumped later on down the line, I may be able to jump in and participate, though. Looking forward to it regardless.

Ezekiel is still moving along! Should be released some time in May.

We could still use your help! Anyone willing to make a map or continue working on an existing map is welcome help, send me a Private message if interested!

Are you sure about the tech floor on shot 1? Looks impressive anyway, all of the pictures do.

I think brown brick floor is more eww. :D I guess I dislike ZDoom-style usage of wall textures as flats in general, just doesn't feel right because in my mind they serve a different purpose. Maybe I'm just tooo closeminded.

But you liked the locked door trims on ceilings in D2Reload. The wad is full of flat-textures overally.

I generally feel like you - mixing textures with flats feels odd to me. I used to disregard it when starting playing wads / mapping for ZDoom, but since I've played enough vanilla/Boom wads, it started feeling unnatural to me. Unless there's a very good reason for it, I'm not impressed by such texturing. But D2Reload in particular used the texture-flats in a good way, I thought, and I liked them in that wad. Particularly SUPPORT2s, LITEs and COMPSPAN/METAL tiles. Not so much the ceiling door trims, though, specially if they were on the ceiling but not the floor - they weren't bad, just not so impressive to me.