Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Aqfaq

Fastest Player Death Demos

Hi!

Here is a quick demopack for Doom 2. I tried to die as fast as possible in each level. I can't recall seeing demos like this, but it is an obvious category, so maybe it has been done before?

In hindsight, it might have been more interesting to do this on Skill 1, because then dying would be harder. I used Skill 4.

It was quite fun playing like this and it also feels funny watching many of these short demos in a row. It would be interesting to see more stuff like this for other notable wads.

I played with Prboom-plus-2.5.1.3. -complevel 2.

doom2-fastest-death-demos.zip

To be fair, I've seen other people try something like this out. There was a bunch of Duke Nukem 3D ILs where the goal was to die as fast as possible. There was also a project 4 years ago called the Speed Deaths Archive, which is what you can imagine it would be.

In terms of being Doom-related, there is the Good At Doom deh patch where gibbing yourself with a rocket launcher, a Cyber's rocket, or being telefragged automatically ends the level.

Revved said:

In terms of being Doom-related, there is the Good At Doom deh patch where gibbing yourself with a rocket launcher, a Cyber's rocket, or being telefragged automatically ends the level.

I love that deh patch.

This idea would have some entertainment value with the following improvements implemented:

1) using a DEH patch that would end the level upon the player's death, à la Good At Doom™
2) multilevel runs only

Clicking thirty-two times just to see the player die within seconds is a pointless chore.

Revved said:

I remember that, where is that thing now? I don't known if this demo pack have the same mechanism, i'll check them out later...

walter confalonieri said:

I remember that, where is that thing now? I don't known if this demo pack have the same mechanism, i'll check them out later...

Here is the thread you want I believe.

I agree with Never_Again. It is also hard to tell the exact time of death without automatic tool for that. That is one reason I did not optimize some of the levels as well as I could. A DEH patch would be nice to have, indeed.

A relaxing aspect of this category is that you are guaranteed to succeed.

a d2full movie demo (map01-map30) plus map31 and map32, with the aim of dying the fastest way possible. On skill 1.

Contains a deh file called lfdy.deh wich makes exit the player when it dies / gib itself...

glboom-plus 2.5.1.3, no complevels because i'm a sucker

diefastd2all.zip

Hahah, I wonder if there's any other category where preventing infights is beneficial.

Cyberdemon531 said:

Edit by mod: I can't stand "Momento Moris" in this forum. Put it your "momory", please.
Edit by me: ^I don't know what that means.

It means "Stop misspelling Memento as Momento. Try to remember this / Use your memory as a mnemonic device".

Nice anc, good use of pistol. I love how many maps in this category end with the player hugging a bunch of imps, our best friends.

For some reason lots of people misspell "Memento" as "Momento", I don't know why, but it's a common mistake so you don't need to feel embarassed I think.

Memfis said:

For some reason lots of people misspell "Memento" as "Momento", I don't know why, but it's a common mistake

Possibly it's because "moment" is the closest familiar word.

Aqfaq said:

Hahah, I wonder if there's any other category where preventing infights is beneficial.

When you do vilejumps!

Whoops, I think I did my TAS in -skill 3...
Whatever, skill 3 it is!
Don't upload to DSDA then.

A shameless long demo movie (due of the fact i don't remembered that well this iwad) of plutonia.wad (7:48), always with skill 1 because is so pretty hardcore bro. As bonus the secret levels like the doom 2 run.

Recorded with glboom-plus 2.5.1.3, complevel 4.

Uhm, this demo will be easily beatable!

fastest-death-plutonia.zip