Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dylanblitz

custom weapons

hey guys i just downloaded the weapon i wanted to put into my wad but since it doesnt have a decorative class i cant place it into my wad so i think i might need help with this

DoomKid123 said:

hey guys i just downloaded the weapon i wanted to put into my wad but since it doesnt have a decorative class i cant place it into my wad so i think i might need help with this

You want to replace an existing weapon's sprite ?

Your description of your problem is way too unclear, it would be better if you provided more information, but I'll try to help anyway.

Go to a wad content editor (I assume you use SLADE3). Open the weapon's DECORATE entry. The weapon actor must have an editor number. If it doesn't have a number, type it in. Example:

Actor UTNTFlamethrower : Weapon
{
}
Type an editor number 12345 here:
Actor UTNTFlamethrower : Weapon 12345
{
}
Now you should be able to place the weapon into a map in a map editor. It will be available under "Decorate" tab in the thing selection window.

That's not all, though. You must either define a new player class, or the weapon slot for this weapon. Here is the easiest solution: Unless it's already in the weapon's definition, put this line somewhere into the weapon's definition:
Weapon.SlotNumber 3
Change the number to any slot number you want, of course.

Hope this helps you. If not, describe your problem in detail, please.